Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aqua Panel/WBP Ply

• 14-09-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Greetings,

I am seeking advice on whether Aqua Panel tile backer board or 12mm WBP Ply would be best suited to an upstairs bathroom, bath & toilet/sink is being ripped out in favour of new shower unit with cast stone shower tray, new sink and new toilet. Aside fom price, as there's a big difference, is the Aqua Panel really a better option? I did a new down stairs bathroom on 1 inch WPB ply but this is not an option for upstairs...

Advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

For the area around the shower and the floor you need to use marine ply. WBP is no good for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ispeakthetruth

Greetings,

Thanks for reply, is there a big difference between the marine ply and the wbp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

If you have the budget I'd go for the cement board every time.If you do use ply,15mm min to do a proper job.

A good tanking system too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Greetings,

Thanks for reply, is there a big difference between the marine ply and the wbp?

Standard WBP will soak up moisture, swell and rot. Marine ply won't. If you are putting in a power shower, Marine around the enclosure and floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ispeakthetruth

Greetings,

Thanks all for your advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement