If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TXP42GT20 and TXP42VT20

Options
  • 14-09-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭

Hi Kenny/John and co, would you be able to give me a best price on each of these please, and availability?
    And also, what's the difference between them? I've seen one review claim that the GT20 is essentially a VT20 without the two pairs of glasses included. Is that the only difference? Another site claims that the GT20 is basically a 3D version of the G20. However, I know that the VT20 has better processing engines than the G20 models, so I'm a bit in the dark regarding the GT20.
    Thanks in advance for the reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Bump!

Sure might as well add another TV to the quote list! Can you also confirm that the 10% discount will work on the new PHILIPS 40PFL9705 bringing it to €1889.99 and also is there a 5 year warranty with that one?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abdub

You seem to be getting the silent treatment..., these guys who have a free 3D player on offer with the GT20:

http://www.panasonicstore.ie/product.php?PID=204&ID=20

Is this an offer RS can do as well or have you something similar ?

abdub wrote: »
    You seem to be getting the silent treatment..., these guys who have a free 3D player on offer with the GT20:

http://www.panasonicstore.ie/product.php?PID=204&ID=20

Is this an offer RS can do as well or have you something similar ?
    Seems so! :)
    I may call in to that store to see if they have a VT20 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Tea.

Sorry for the lack of reply.

Somehow we missed your posts...I think it's called old age !

I'll grab a price on Monday for you as the prices are always on the change.

Are you looking a 3D blu-ray as well or would you prefer a cheaper price on the TV ?

We currently have the 50VT on display in the shop in Belfast and it's running 3D but we can switch it to 2D and either way, it's stunning.

I'll ask Ash to PM you on the price of the Philips.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Tea1000

PM sent re 9705H range

atb
    Ash

Hi Tea.

Sorry for the lack of reply.

Somehow we missed your posts...I think it's called old age !

I'll grab a price on Monday for you as the prices are always on the change.

Are you looking a 3D blu-ray as well or would you prefer a cheaper price on the TV ?

We currently have the 50VT on display in the shop in Belfast and it's running 3D but we can switch it to 2D and either way, it's stunning.

I'll ask Ash to PM you on the price of the Philips.

Cheers

Dave
    No probs! Re the 3D blu-ray, if you can give me a price for both please, as I'm still unsure whether I'll go for a PS3 as a 3D blu-ray player or dedicated one to be honest. If the price of the TV on it's own is very decent I may go the PS3 route, but if there's a particularly good deal on a player then that might sway me!
    If you can shed any light too on the difference between the GT20 and VT20 that'd be great thanks, just mainly wondering if the GT20 is running a similar setup to the G20 or is it a VT20 without the glasses!

Thanks Ash for the PM.

Also, as I'm still in the weighing up the options mode, can Dave and co. give me any other suggestions as to worthy rivals from the LG and Samsung camp?

Hi Tea.

Here are the differences :

The 42GT does not automatically come with glasses.

42VT comes with them.

42VT has Picture in Picture, Picture and Picture and picture and text. The 42GT has only picture and text.

The 42VT has 3 other performance upgrades :

High contrast filter pro - Which provides improved contrast in brighter environments and reduces reflections.

Infinite black pro - Improved black levels over the GT20.

VT has 3 speakers, instead of 2 on the GT for improved sound performance.

That appears to be it.

I'll send you a PM with some pricing.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Tea.

Here are the differences :

The 42GT does not automatically come with glasses.

42VT comes with them.

42VT has Picture in Picture, Picture and Picture and picture and text. The 42GT has only picture and text.

The 42VT has 3 other performance upgrades :

High contrast filter pro - Which provides improved contrast in brighter environments and reduces reflections.

Infinite black pro - Improved black levels over the GT20.

VT has 3 speakers, instead of 2 on the GT for improved sound performance.

That appears to be it.

I'll send you a PM with some pricing.

Cheers

Dave
    Excellent, that's the kind of info I was looking for! Got the PM also, thanks Dave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Hi guys,

Are ye doing the bundle deal on the 42GT20, including glasses, player and movies?

If so, what is your current price.

Kind Regards,

Alan.

• Advertisement

Hi Alan.

Apologies for the late reply.

We only bring in the GT20 for special order and the model that we bring in as the UK model so we cannot guarantee that it will tune any channels in the South.

We currently don't ship any Panasonic into the South so it would have to be collected from Belfast.

If you are O.K. with this, then I can get the latest price for you from Panasonic on Monday to see if they are doing a bundle deal.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the limitations of the UK model of the tv alright. We use Sky, so I believe this should mean that the tuner issues become irrelevant?

So when you can, I'd appreciate it if you could find out about the price please.

Kind Regards,

Alan.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.