Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Restaurant in Dublin

Options
  • 14-09-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Not too sure whether to post this in the Dublin City Forum or the Food & Drink so opted to post in both :)

Can anybody reccommend a really nice Italian restaurant in Dublin (preferably city centre but can also do the northside also)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

I love Italian Connection on Talbot St - great food, reasonably priced and good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Toscana on Dame St. just opposite Dublin Castle is very nice and reasonable

http://www.toscana.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Dubdude wrote: »
    Toscana on Dame St. just opposite Dublin Castle is very nice and reasonable

http://www.toscana.ie/

+1.

Haven't been there in some time but food, service and atmosphere was all great.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Not sure if Ranelagh is too far out for you, but I can highly recommend Marios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I have never been myself, but I have heard great things about Nonna Valentina in Portabello

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/south_dublin/portobello/nonna_valentina.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Agree with Toscana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

have a soft spot for 'il baccaro' in the corner of temple bar square. i was brought there by the italian tutor on a language course and subsequently brought italian visitors there. thats authentic enough for me!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Another +1 for Toscana

• Registered Users Posts: 42 squidgy10

I like this place on Stephens green.

http://www.ilpostorestaurant.com/

Toscana is also very nice as mentioned before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

+1 for Il Bacorro

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliment St has good food without paying therough the nose, if a little lacking on atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Nonna Valentina is indeed a nice spot. Da Pino around the corner from Toscana is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

markpb wrote: »
    I love Italian Connection on Talbot St - great food, reasonably priced and good atmosphere.

I was coming on to suggest this resto!

Very very cheap.

It's a recession buster rather than a romantic night out tho ;)

(But extremely good food for the price)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Il Posto's good alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not sure if Ranelagh is too far out for you, but I can highly recommend Marios.

Is that the same as Marios in Sandymount. If so Id recommend it too. One in sandymount is nice. Number four bus I think will take ye out to it from CC

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Steps of Rome, just off grafton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

DecentBee wrote: »
    Steps of Rome, just off grafton st.

They do amazing pizza slices! Nom! But they're more of a little cafe than a restaurant. Are you thinking of Pasta Fresca next door?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

No, I've had dinner in Steps of Rome before, it's a bit small though so I'd recommend reserving a table just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Ar Vicoletto in Temple Bar is\was good. Haven't been there in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

cafe cucina on parnell street is lovely

Slunk wrote: »
    Is that the same as Marios in Sandymount. If so Id recommend it too. One in sandymount is nice. Number four bus I think will take ye out to it from CC

Didn't like that place when I was last there. Too crowded and noisy, hardly a place for a romantic meal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Little Venice in Santry is the best Italian I've ever had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Nico's on Dame St has been around for ages. Haven't eaten there in years, but it was good last time I remember. Try to get a restaurant that serves freshly made pasta.

Slunk wrote: »

Yes, the one in Sandymount is the same as the one in Ranelagh. Think they have one in Terenure as well. I've been in the Ranelagh ones loads and never had anything but great food and great service.

gurramok wrote: »
    Didn't like that place when I was last there. Too crowded and noisy, hardly a place for a romantic meal.

The one in Sandymount or the one in Ranelagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Little Venice in Santry is the best Italian I've ever had!

where else have you eaten?

I'd have to say its the worst Italian I have been to in terms of quality and value..though in fairness that was a few years ago. and I never went back ( il corvo in drumcondra is a close second )

best quality I have had is picassos in clontarf.. its overpriced though.

if you want to go where the Italians themselves go(afaik)..check out the Italian quarter or else Ciao Bella Roma on parliament for their deal before 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Yes, the one in Sandymount is the same as the one in Ranelagh. Think they have one in Terenure as well. I've been in the Ranelagh ones loads and never had anything but great food and great service.

Mmmm, the one in Terenure is delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

Pebloes on St Stehphen green in awesome. Thier Lobster Linguine is to die for! Although it is a wine bar also and only wine can be purchased ... no spirits or beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Pebloes on St Stehphen green in awesome. Thier Lobster Linguine is to die for! Although it is a wine bar also and only wine can be purchased ... no spirits or beers!

Are you just back from Lunch there :D

Peploes is not strictly speaking an italian though

I assumed that its a high-end , high-price restarant by Dublin standards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ristorante Romano on Capel Street make their own pasta.
    Very yum and super cheap.

• Advertisement

The one in Sandymount or the one in Ranelagh?

Sandymount. Its more family oriented rather than couple oriented is the impression I had of the place.

Advertisement