Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books

• 14-09-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place to post ... but i'm going through books in my mum's house that we're throwing out. I'd always rather pass on books then throw in a bin ... and a lot of them are sci-fi books that my now 50 year old brother use to read in the late 70's / 80's.

A few of them are...
    Dark Inferno - james white
    Low-flying aircraft - jg ballard
    Dorsai! - gordon r. dickson
    Out of my mind - John brunner
    The Wind from nowhere - jg ballard
    Target 5 - colin forbes
    Fugue for a darkening island - christopher priest
    Rocannon's world - Ursula k LeGuin
    The main with a thousand names - ae can vogt
    The dark side of the earth - alfred bester
    Rogue Moon - algis budrys

This really is a tiny handful of whats there. Would anyone be interested in the sci-fi stuff? Collection from ratoath or templeogue. I'm not going to list all the books, cause there's too many.

Comments

alowe wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right place to post ... but i'm going through books in my mum's house that we're throwing out. I'd always rather pass on books then throw in a bin ... and a lot of them are sci-fi books that my now 50 year old brother use to read in the late 70's / 80's.

A few of them are...
    Dark Inferno - james white
    Low-flying aircraft - jg ballard
    Dorsai! - gordon r. dickson
    Out of my mind - John brunner
    The Wind from nowhere - jg ballard
    Target 5 - colin forbes
    Fugue for a darkening island - christopher priest
    Rocannon's world - Ursula k LeGuin
    The main with a thousand names - ae can vogt
    The dark side of the earth - alfred bester
    Rogue Moon - algis budrys

This really is a tiny handful of whats there. Would anyone be interested in the sci-fi stuff? Collection from ratoath or templeogue. I'm not going to list all the books, cause there's too many.

I could collect and I'd be interested. Are they free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

If you have books that you're throwing out you could always register them and drop them off at a bookcrossing station - bookcrossing.com

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Hi, sorry I forgot about this thread. The books were free, but someone has already collected, so they've gone to a good home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Blast and damn it!!! I missed this thread until it was too late!

Advertisement