Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Isofix on Volvo S40

Options
  • 14-09-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Howya,

Expecting first child shortly enough and decided to have a look at the ISOFIX on my car - turns out it's not there even though it's mentioned in the manual.

Anyone else have this trouble? Did you get it installed? Was it mad expensive?

Thanks,
    Rosen
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I have an 06 S40 and it has ISOFIX in the two rear passenger seats.

I think there was an issue with some models in the early 2000's not having it fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

It may be possible to add an ISOFIX bar as an official accessory like on the 05+ Focus.

Go to a Dealer and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

What year is the car?

Are you sure its not there - some models need a little seat manipulation to find the anchors. Take your child seat to the seller and get it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭useless

ISOFIX was an option on the S40 up to 2005 (my 05 doesnt have it), and was standard from the 2006 model on. I think the 2006 model also got a passenger airbag deactivation switch.
    As for the seat installation, chances are you'll be using a maxicosi or something similar from 0-9mths. That sits on the back seat and straps in with the seatbelt easily, and can be taken out to sit on top of a buggy frame. From 9mths or so, you'll need a 'fixed' car seat- get the seller to install it for you.
    Good luck with the new arrival.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Isofix brackets are available for every S40 from 2004 onwards once the holes are in the floor to mount the brackets.

Part number 8639658--16.91 each + vat.
    Takes about 5 minutes to fit if youre handy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement