Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imagine phone lines down.

Options
  • 14-09-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

Our imagine phone lines are all down. We can receive calls but we cannot make them. It's going on 2 hours now. they are saying it's an eircom fault country wide!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Same problem, Blueface is gone down as well, what's going on, sky is falling:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Praetorian wrote: »
    Our imagine phone lines are all down. We can receive calls but we cannot make them. It's going on 2 hours now. they are saying it's an eircom fault country wide!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Yep absolute nightmare. No word yet as to when they'll be back up? Merrion exchange it seems is at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LLJK Kennedy

Just reporting in that we're seeing the same issues with Imagine (no outbound calls) where I am, and our main office on Blueface is dead in the water.

I'm on Abbey St and the main office is in Grand Canal Dock.

http://twitter.com/bluefacevoip has some responses from Blueface, anyone got a similar one for Imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Looks like blueface.ie website down too. Quite an outage for business hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

In the same boat here near Baggot St.

About 1 in every 10 calls makes it out successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    In the same boat here near Baggot St.

About 1 in every 10 calls makes it out successfully.

Like that here in Galway too. The odd call does escape. So much for keeping the Eircom PRI as a backup ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

same problem here with imagine, can't even ring them to log a fault

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's Eircom's exchange, they've estimated that it will be sorted between 5 & 6.

Same here in Fairview, our work phones have been dodgy since about 11 or so. Tried to phone Imagine on a mobile and just got a "No answer" error.

I couldn't get through to their phones either from my mobile- their live chat on the website was good -very prompt but no further info on when lines will be back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

We're having the same problem but no one seems to know what's going on. Eircom blaming Imagine, Imagine blaming Eircom *sigh*

Can't get through to either of them for the last few hours. Anyone getting any updates?

Is it just the Imagine lines that are affected? 6 hours and counting on a business day is just not on.
    I know these things happen and they don't happen that often but I would be tempted to move as Imagine have been appalling for advising any kind of update.
    I know they may not know a whole lot but just saying "It's an Eircom fault" is not good enough when you are paying them x amount each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 easypc

Hi,
    I am using Imagine and am having no problems.
    But I am using Blueface over Imagine wireless broadband and have no blueface service.
    I see that Blueface website is down too as apparently are all their telephone lines - I rang through on their sales and support - got to their IVR but when calling went through to extensions just blank.
    Sent an email to support@blueface earlier today and got no reply.

Almost get the impression that everybody is gone home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Loads of our customers have gone down two. All of our reports are eircom lines with Imagine for calls...

* PRI, maybe BRI
    * Outbound calls are dead
    * Inbound calls are fine
    * Reports of some DSL lines gone down
    * It's the Merrion Exchange, at least
    * Some ATM's down
    * Some Credit Cards systems are down
    * Last I heard, was to be fixed by 5pm but I still think it's an issue

EDIT : I may know the real reason it went down, not the spin, tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

The blueface SIP login server seems to be down too. It looks almost like Blueface's servers have no internet connectivity. Gotta wonder about their redundacy, or lack thereof.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Do let us know what you think happened as this is abit of a joke.
    I thought all their systems are meant to be redundant, other than a nuke I dont know what else could cause this.......
    RangeR wrote: »
    Loads of our customers have gone down two. All of our reports are eircom lines with Imagine for calls...

* PRI, maybe BRI
    * Outbound calls are dead
    * Inbound calls are fine
    * Reports of some DSL lines gone down
    * It's the Merrion Exchange, at least
    * Some ATM's down
    * Some Credit Cards systems are down
    * Last I heard, was to be fixed by 5pm but I still think it's an issue

EDIT : I may know the real reason it went down, not the spin, tomorrow

I thought all their systems are meant to be redundant, other than a nuke I dont know what else could cause this.......

To be honest, my money is on either

1. Some tool digging up a backhaul fiber line
    2. Some tool tripping the power in the exchange and destroying some equipment
    3. Some tool dropping Imagine of the Telcoms world [it appears to be Imagine customers so far]

EDIT : You can see where I'm going with this...

In fairness, **** happens and it happens rarely. I'm not sure if Blueface advertise redundancy but you really do get what you pay for. I have no problems with Blueface service. I use it for my business. However, if you want rock solid VoIP sessions, you do not go with a provider who doesn't provide Fiber SIP trunking straight to your door [not over the internet]. Simple as that.

Blueface report at 8pm that their issues are 100% resolved.
    On 14 September 2010 20:03, <info@blueface.ie> wrote:
    Dear Customer

Service has now been restored to all customers. Once again, we apologise unreservedly for this inconvenience. The issue was caused by a fault on our network and we will be investigating the matter further.

Thank you for your patience and co-operation.

The Blueface Team

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mout

We use Imagine for our business comms.
    After the lines resumed working we received a call from Eircom.
    They "noticed" that we had problems with our Imagine lines and wondered whether we would like to move back to them!

Nice one, f**k up your competitor by your own incompetence and then claim credit as being the solution. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement