Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Timing Belt 'whining'

Options
  • 14-09-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Guys

I recently got a new timing belt kit fitted on my 02 Ford Focus. Since it got changed the car has been making a whining noise but seems to be driving ok.

One mechanic told me to get it checked out because it might be on too tight. Then another told me that this is normal and is to be expected for the first 2k miles or so until it loosens up itself.

Any advice? Should I wait for a while and see if it loosens itself up?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Was there a full timing belt kit fitted or just a timing belt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

alycat05 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I recently got a new timing belt kit fitted on my 02 Ford Focus. Since it got changed the car has been making a whining noise but seems to be driving ok.

One mechanic told me to get it checked out because it might be on too tight. Then another told me that this is normal and is to be expected for the first 2k miles or so until it loosens up itself.

Any advice? Should I wait for a while and see if it loosens itself up?

Cheers

I've a 02 focus as well and I got the timing belt changed a few weeks back. There's no noise coming from it, so I'm not sure that it's to be expected for the firs 2k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

its toooooooo tight

• Registered Users Posts: 41 alycat05

bryaner wrote: »
    Was there a full timing belt kit fitted or just a timing belt?
    Full Kit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

its toooooooo tight

Yup sounds like it's sowed, sort it rapid.

• Advertisement

alycat05 wrote: »

Are they actual mechanics ? A mechanic who advices you to wait until it loosens up itself should not be a mechanic really.

Advertisement