Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old iMac Wanted

Options
  • 14-09-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I’ve always had a hankering for one of the old Mac G4s. The white one with the ball base and adjustable screen. I have an old eMac at home and I love it but the screen is small and it weighs a ton. Has anybody any idea where I could buy a pre-used one in good nick? I’ll be trying on eBay later but just wondered if their might be somewhere closer to home (Dublin) that anyone knows of that might deal in older stuff. I know they’re old technology but I used to use them when I worked in graphic design and loved them and I think (in terms of design) they were always the best looking macs. I only really use the eMac for photoshop work. Anyway, thanks in anticipation. Any and all comments/guidance welcome.

Sparks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Sparky2009 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I’ve always had a hankering for one of the old Mac G4s. The white one with the ball base and adjustable screen. I have an old eMac at home and I love it but the screen is small and it weighs a ton. Has anybody any idea where I could buy a pre-used one in good nick? I’ll be trying on eBay later but just wondered if their might be somewhere closer to home (Dublin) that anyone knows of that might deal in older stuff. I know they’re old technology but I used to use them when I worked in graphic design and loved them and I think (in terms of design) they were always the best looking macs. I only really use the eMac for photoshop work. Anyway, thanks in anticipation. Any and all comments/guidance welcome.

Sparks

Have you checked out adverts? (http://www.adverts.ie/) Should be a few on there (Maybe even from Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,571 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Chucked one a while ago...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Alok

The only iMacs that can have video input are the new models announced today, it is a new feature. No previous iMac has a video-in capability. Your only solution is ScreenRecycler to pipe video through the network port.

Advertisement