Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corner trowel and joint knife for plasterboard joints

• 14-09-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of putting up plasterboard in a rooms and was wondering if anyone would know a place near the city center or in Rathfarnham where one could get an inside corner trowel and an 8" or 10" joint knife (taping knife). I've tried Chadwicks on Thomas street and the local Homebase I have nearby but they don't seem to have them.

I don't have a car so I can't drive to the big builders providers or B&Q. Another option would be an online shop that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for delivering stuff. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,
    H.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Try McQuillans in capel Street

http://www.mcquillantools.ie/ for fone num

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Or try Richard Goughs in Little Mary Street, failing that I'd suggest www.axminster.co.uk

If your budget allows go for stainless steel tools, otherwise carbon steel is ok but less forgiving if you are not diligent about cleaning after working with it.

Advertisement