Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lastminute Top Secret Hotel in Cork

Options
  • 14-09-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of a trip home this weekend and there is a very good offer on lastminute.ie for one of their Top Secret hotels in Cork. The thing is, I can't really think which hotel this is. Any one got any thoughts?
    This luxurious and stylishly decorated hotel is located on the outskirts of Cork and is a good choice for business travellers and tourists. The hotel offers meeting rooms, a fitness centre and a spa. Dining at the hotel is highly recommended. If you decide to visit the second largest town of Ireland then you shouldn't miss a visit to the Cork Opera House and the Crawford Art Gallery

Restaurant
    * Restaurant: Provides a full breakfast buffet, lunch from Sunday to Friday inclusive and dinner every night. The menu's have an international flavour.

Bar
    * Bar: Contemporary bar serving a wide range of beers and spirits. Offers a wide selection of cocktails in a relaxed ambience. Light snacks and food available until late each evening.

Local attractions
    * Kinsale: 25.0 Kilometre
    * Cobh: 15.0 Kilometre
    * Blackrock Observatory: 3.5 Kilometre

Interestingly, one of the additional features is "gay friendly" - perhaps this may help ID it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Rochestown Park would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

check out the Radisson Blu. It has a spa and fine dining and is on outskirts. Let us know!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056027203

Commons Inn according to a poster in that thread. Gay friendly, wtf does that mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

sounds like the raddisson in little island. also another good site for last minute hotels is justgo.ie but it can only be booked two weeks in advance max. Most deals include either breakfast or dinner.

Leave us know either way

RoverJames wrote: »

Commons Inn according to a poster in that thread. Gay friendly, wtf does that mean ?

does that have a fitness centre/spa? News to me if it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I wouldn't consider the Commons Inn or Rochestown to be luxurious and/or stylish! Anyway the Commons Inn doesn't have a fitness centre or spa.

I'd be pleased if it turned out to be the Radisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Rochestown Park or Maryborough House would be my guesses with the Raddisson as a third possibility but more unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

dudara wrote: »
    The Radisson sounds promising.

I've not been in the rooms in the radisson, but the bar/restaurant and pool/gym are all nice. not brilliant, but nice. tons of parking and close to the Dublin road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I booked one of these top secret hotels in london once. Big mistake. It was an ok hotel, that classed itself as upmarket when in fact it should have only been a two or three star. I got the smallest room in the place, the door practically touched the bottom of the bed. Couldn't swing a cat in the place.

As far as I was concerned it was a scam to sell the room and make it so you couldn't complain about the size....I'd be cautious in future about these supposed deals....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I was the poster in that thread - and my bad, it's not Commons Inn, it turns out it's actually the Radisson

http://www.hotelscomparison.com/europe/ireland/cork/last-minute-information-hotel-stylishly_decorated_near.php

I must correct it in the other thread.

• Advertisement

deRanged wrote: »
    I've not been in the rooms in the radisson, but the bar/restaurant and pool/gym are all nice. not brilliant, but nice. tons of parking and close to the Dublin road too.

I've stayed there before and it is a nice hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

dudara wrote: »
    I've stayed there before and it is a nice hotel.

I agree. It's horrible from the outside but the rooms are lovely.

Nice and discrete too, is that what the mean by gay friendly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I've just got confirmation that it's the Radisson alright.

This is an excellent deal by the way - I happen to be staying in a different hotel in Cork for a wedding on Friday night anyway, was going to head home Saturday rather than spend another night paying for a hotel, but for €36 for a couple (room only) I couldn't resist staying another night :D

Just booked it - it's the Radisson in Little Island.

What convinced was the location of the other Top Secret hotel in Cork - up at the airport. There's another Radisson there, so that convinced me that the two Top Secret hotels were both Radissons.

I got it right! Only wish I was 1/2 so smart booking one for myself when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dudara, maybe the hotel by the airport is the Cork International Airport Hotel - love the Austin Powers style decor in that place, looks class. :) The Rochestown Park was refurbished recently enough and has a similar thing going on.
    I love the Radisson in Little Island too - the one by the airport ain't great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Nice and discrete too, is that what the mean by gay friendly ?

I dunno but I'm suddenly wondering why we had our company BBQ there :eek:

They had a special offer on rooms for the night that was pretty low. Rumor at the time was that they are really struggling to get guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Sorry to bump an old thread but anyone have any idea what this lastminute cork hotel is?.........

This hotel is located near Cork City centre, a few minutes away from many of Cork's tourist attractions. There is free Wi-Fi and onsite complimentary parking. The hotel is easily accessible from Cork International Airport and situated just a few minutes drive from Kent Train Station. The hotel features a delightful restaurant and lounge bar. Both offer modern Irish and international cuisine in contemporary surroundings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I'd guess at Silversprings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

cheers, was thinkin the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Montenotte maybe? If you booked it let us know, the suspense is killing me :D

Advertisement