Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Contract

Options
  • 14-09-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I recently applied on line for 3 Contract with an Iphone, All went well untill it got to the end of the form then it poped up and said i needed a deposit of 200 euro, a drop down menu came up with several options and i selected the one that says cancel order as i didnt feel i should pay 200 euro etc,

but then thing was there was no button to select after highlighting the cancer order option etc, they sent no email., Noting all they did was take money out of my account and given me no reference number noting.

So i called up that day as the money had still been taking from my account and talked to a girl who said id have to call up the sales team the next day, Called them up then they said there was noting about a deposit and my order went through, I said ok then ill Leave it, Just waiting for the phone to be delivered, I called up there today and when i talked to the girl after 3 people and being on hold for an hour i was told i needed a deposit again and they were waiting for it.

It was a big ordeal just to cancel my order she insisted i had to cancel it from my end and after i told her several times that i had no email from them to cancel the order or anything she said would try see if there was any other options she could do about the deposit, was on hold for 20 mins then she told me she can cancel the order now from her end but it would be nearly a week before they transfered money back into my account etc.

I just think its an absolute joke there hole system,

The fact that i needed a deposit alone, I own my own company, Good financial standing, Good credit, I have a feeling its because i moved into a new apartment and only been here a year, even though my family owns it.

I was thinking of reapply with longer details saying i lived here but would that conflict against any data they may have stored against me due to my canceled order?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Have you tried to go into a shop instead of doing it online? just in case. I had no issues joining their network and paid no deposit.

200 is a hell of a lot to pay :eek: I would imagine it must be because of your address as you say..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

Yeah thats what i think, Just annoyed that i have to wait a few days to get the cost of the phone back as well,

Would i be able to go into the shop and apply even if i canceled my order online

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

If you explain to them in store they will sign you up with a new contract, they will have to ring credit control as it will show that you have another contract but they should be able to help!! There's a lot said for buying in store!!

Grand, Id just be worried that they would want a depoist in the store as well. Gonna try head in later if i get a chance, What do you need these days to apply in the store? Cheer for your help btw guys

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

they might but you you can say you are at your address over 3 years, set up your account direct debit and say employed, these will all help but chances are it will have deposit too because it will pull up the first contract you signed up. They need a proof of id, proof of address and bank details to set up dd. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

well i didn't actually get that far i don't think, got to the stage of paying for the phone then the deposit thing came up etc, so just essentially canceled that and waiting for a refund,

Cheers tho :) Rently Broke my Old Iphone 3g now no phone so need to get it sorted,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Your old application will still get pulled up from the details you have already submitted.

i was on the phone again today to 3, Spoke to a supervisor then a manager to complain then to realize that they actually didn't cancel my order again for my second time, What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Go to a store, you need a photo id and a current proof of address and your bank account number and sort code.

If they iPhone is pulling up a deposit and you don't want to pay it ask them to try for a galaxy s (it could be time to move to android). The price plan your looking at as well as residential information and your age could also effect the outcome.

Thanks I'll give that a shot when they refund me my money, I just find it odd cos i have a business account with o2 and no probs at all ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Log-on wrote: »
    Thanks I'll give that a shot when they refund me my money, I just find it odd cos i have a business account with o2 and no probs at all ever.

What price plan were you going for? And were you porting a number to the new 3 contract? Do you mind me asking were you signing up with a personal phone account with a business bank account details? That might have caused a deposit, i'm not sure.

Yeah ill have to go in. the Telesales is a waste of time with 3, I was going for a personal plan on the 60 euro pm tarrif, I have a company account with o2 and it was easier to set that up then it seems to be with three. Thanks for the advice drunk monkney

Advertisement