Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couch Potatoe No More!

Options
  • 14-09-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I'm starting this log to keep track of my progress using the C25K Programme.

I'm 25, five foot three, female, and the batteries are dead in my scales so I'm not exactly sure how much I weigh right now but I think its around ten stone. My aim is to get fit, and lose my excess weight, or pudge as I call it!

Today I did week one day one of the programme using the free podcasts as a guide. I was nervous starting it, and kept putting it off for the last few weeks but today bit the bullet and went down to the local park and listening to the podcast did the first session.

I found the podcast really helped, as it told me exactly when and for how long to run and walk, and had a warm up and cool down session at the beginning and the end.

It wasn't easy for me, I'm not really fit, I try to walk as much as possible but haven't ran or jogged for years, and my lungs definately felt the strain. I plan on doing the training sessions on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays and have marked the days on my calender so I can mark off the completed ones. It gave me great satisfaction to mark off todays!

Next session is Thursday and I'm looking forward to it, and plan to continue on my road to fitness! If anyone reading this who has done something similar I would love to hear any tips or helpful advise you have.

I'm off to have a well earned cup of tea!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Did my second run today, found it a lot harder. I think I am going to cut down on dairy for a few days and see if it makes a difference to my lungs and all the coughing I did today!

Advertisement