Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old cameras for sale?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to experiment a bit with film photography and I have some old 35mm cameras that I'm using. I'd like to get a medium format camera (6x6) next. I know I can pick some up on Ebay from the UK, Germany, or the US.

Has anyone seen old cameras for sale here in Ireland though? Especially in Co. Kildare? Any in thrift stores or car boot sales? Any one have one sitting around that they're not using?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Major Lovechild

It 's a tall order. 10 years ago you may have picked one up at a bargain price but it's highly unlikely nowadays as people are hanging onto them. Even the old Roliflexes are now becoming collectors items. I was in Japan last year and even second hand they have doubled in price since the year before. "Film" is trendy in Medium Format. I think Ebay is probably your best bet. I wish you luck.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

i guess ebay is usually the best way to find a specific brand. i would love to try a cheap one i could pick up for a few euro though as i won't be out too much money if it doesn't work. So far, I've bought a Petri, Minolta Trip, Welta Weltini, Zeiss Ikon Contina, and an Ensign Ful-Vue from Ebay. The Petri's shutter is jammed though and won't advance. I'm experimenting with the Contina at the moment and excited to start with the gorgeous Weltini.

It's becoming an addiction!

Advertisement