Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a PA system

Options
  • 14-09-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi all
    I dont know if im posting this in the correct section but i have a query on setting up some equipment that i have purchased. The equipment consists of
    • Behringer Eurodesk SL2442FX-PRO
    • Behringer Eurolive 2 X tops
    • Behringer Eurolive 2 X Bins
    • Behringer Eurolive 2X Monitors
    • Behringer Super X-Pro
    • Behringer Ultragraph Pro
    • Alesis 3630 Compressor (Dual Channel)
    • Behringer Europower EP1500 Power Amp
    Attached is a pic of the rig. What i am looking for is a block diagram of the connections required to get it working as we are only using the desk and the power amp at the moment to power the speakers and not getting the full potential of the equipment.
    Any input greatly appreciated
    Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Music Production or even instruments forum would be a better bet. Also post some stats on the speakers (power etc).

For a start though, depending on the speaker power, typically you'd have another amp to run the subs, in which case it would be:
    Mixer > Crossover > Hi/Mid power amp > Tops
                     > Lows power amp > bins

If you want to use the compressor and eq, they would usually go in the main inserts, see pic below. If you're not sure how to use a compressor or what it's for then don't use it or get someone to show you.

Advertisement