Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

145 to heuston

Options
  • 14-09-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭

145 now goes to heuston, for all ye goin home to see family, annunced yesterday on dublinbus.ie. 10 will dissapear in october.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Ah! The 10 was such an important part of my first year in college :'(

So the 145 won't go to parnell square or to Mountjoy square anymore then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

145 straight from ucd to heuston? Thats grand :D but no 10?...ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

10 will stay for a while, but it's going to be replaced soon, with the 39a being extended along the 10 route to UCD, and the 46a taking over the 10 route north of the Liffey through Phibsboro to the Phoenix park.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,441 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone know how close the 145 will stop to Clanbrassil Street? That map that Victor has only shows lines, and it appears it would go very close to it, but certainly cant judge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Mushy wrote: »
    Anyone know how close the 145 will stop to Clanbrassil Street? That map that Victor has only shows lines, and it appears it would go very close to it, but certainly cant judge.

Nope - it won't

It will follow the current route to O'Connell bridge, then along the quays to Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Missed opportunity to go along Dame Street and skip some of the quays served by other routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

This changes on Sunday the 19th, in case anyone was curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

What's the story with the College Tribune article saying that the 10 had been saved?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

muffinman wrote: »
    What's the story with the College Tribune article saying that the 10 had been saved?

Fools who don't know how to type dublin bus into google.

Hillarious lines about the SU saving the 10, it'll be gone before the year is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

the 10 is only around until the introduction of the new blanchardstown changes next month ........ Then the new 39a takes over

46a covers the northside leg of the 10 from Phoenix park to Stephens green

39a covers the southside leg of the 10 from dolier street to belfield

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Can anyone tell me where to go to get the 145 once I arrive in Heuston?

Is the bus stop in the same area as the Luas stop?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

OMG thanks OP I had no idea these changes were taking place! Can anyone clarify that I will now need to take the 46a to get to the Mater Hosp now?? Damnit I loved the number 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

OMG thanks OP I had no idea these changes were taking place! Can anyone clarify that I will now need to take the 46a to get to the Mater Hosp now?? Damnit I loved the number 10!

From Monday the 46A will run the same route that the 10 does north of the Liffey. In October, the 10 will cease to exist and it's route south of the Liffey will be incorporated into the 39A from Blanchardstown. Until sometime in October, both the 10 and the 46A will operate the same route north of the Liffey (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

To be honest the 10 was no great shakes as a bus service anyway-went all over the world just to get into town.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

So there will no longer be a bus from the bus stop inside UCD to O'Connell Street? D'Olier Street is quite a walk from where I get the bus to Dundalk.

To be honest the 10 was no great shakes as a bus service anyway-went all over the world just to get into town.

39A is still gonna go that route into town.
    So there will no longer be a bus from the bus stop inside UCD to O'Connell Street? D'Olier Street is quite a walk from where I get the bus to Dundalk.

It's only a 5 minute walk from the 10 (future 39A) stop to the 46A/145 stop :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Victor wrote: »

That spider map is handy, are there any other ones for different sections of the Dublin Bus network? Cant seem to find any myself.

so when i want to get to o connell street from ucd, what bus do will i have to get? and is this starting on monday or in october, people keep saying different things :S

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

muffinz wrote: »
    so when i want to get to o connell street from ucd, what bus do will i have to get? and is this starting on monday or in october, people keep saying different things :S

I'm wondering that as well - I will be getting the bus to UCD on Sunday night. Will the 10 be operational then?

Also, does the 46A go from the same place as the 10 does now? My friend says it goes from Parnell Square West in the evening times, but I'm not sure if he's right.

• Advertisement

I'm wondering that as well - I will be getting the bus to UCD on Sunday night. Will the 10 be operational then?

Also, does the 46A go from the same place as the 10 does now? My friend says it goes from Parnell Square West in the evening times, but I'm not sure if he's right.

You can always get the 46A from O'Connell Street, and the 10 is still running, AFAIK. The last 10 is at 11:15 and Parnell Square West is where it usually goes from, Parnell Square East is the more rare one.

Once again... From Sunday (I think, if not then Monday) the 46A will run the same route that the 10 does north of the Liffey. In October, the 10 will cease to exist and it's route south of the Liffey will be incorporated into the 39A from Blanchardstown. Until sometime in October, both the 10 and the 46A will operate the same route north of the Liffey (:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I actually can't believe the amount UCD students depend on the 10.

Its a piece of ****, at rush hour it takes a full 20 mins longer to get to town then the 145 or 46a.

In summary, the 46a leaves from Parnell Square, goes down O Connel St, stops at the stop nearest the spire, stop again outside spar on D'Olier street (from here it overlaps with the 145 route), stops across from Knobs and Knockers on Nassau Street. Opposite the offices of trade and tourism on Kildare street, outside Loreto on the green on Stevens green (south I think) and outside the institute on Leeson. It stops just after the flyover near UCD. (If you are going to Glenomena I advise getting off at the next stop and using the bridge, then going through the gap in the hedges and across the football pitch)

They removed the '10' and '10a' off the sign at the O'Connell Street stop. This led me to think that the route had already gone, but a 10 bus did come and stop there, as usual.

I like the 10 because it goes into UCD. I'd have to walk out to the N11 entrance for the 46A, but walking there would be quicker than walking from D'Olier Street to Parnell Street (where I get my bus) so it's probably a better option.

I'm guessing the 46A is still 1.80 between Belfield and City Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

One of my lecturers was talking to a bus driver at the stop there near Quinn once and asked him about the 10, to which the driver replied; "Jaysus, the 10! From one fucking zoo to another". It was my bus for a good two years, but sure it's progress that it's gone now I suppose. I got the 145 from Heuston this morning it was grand actually, probably handier than what the 10was (that went through some dodgey spots after Phibsborough ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

does anyone know is the number 10 bus stop inside ucd back up and running or do you still get it in oreilly car park??

does anyone know is the number 10 bus stop inside ucd back up and running or do you still get it in oreilly car park??
    back up and running since last week afaik :D

Advertisement