Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get my phone unlocked?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

I got a Nokia 6300 which I bought recently but it's locked to Vodafone. I wanted to keep it as a spare phone and now is the time as my Samsung died. I use o2 so is there any cheap way to get my 6300 unlocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Option 1: If your 6300 isnt registered and you know someone on voda bill pay get them to ring, say its a phone they are using and you will get it free.

option 2: if you have spent 130euro credit (though you prob havn't if you don't have it long) voda will give it to you free.

option 3: go to your local phone shop / unlock shop, will set you back about 20euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

flipall wrote: »
    Option 1: If your 6300 isnt registered and you know someone on voda bill pay get them to ring, say its a phone they are using and you will get it free.

option 2: if you have spent 130euro credit (though you prob havn't if you don't have it long) voda will give it to you free.

option 3: go to your local phone shop / unlock shop, will set you back about 20euro!

It was my mum's phhone on bill pay. She got a 6303i now. Can she get it unlocked then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sobanek wrote: »
    It was my mum's phhone on bill pay. She got a 6303i now. Can she get it unlocked then?

Yes, she can do it online on the website, or give them a call

Sorry for being such a noob but can you give me a link for it? :) Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

We're sorry, this page is unavailable

Sorry, Your customer type does not allow you to access this area of the site.
    If you require more details please contact customer care.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

Gsm solutions ltd at 6-7 upper abbey street dublin is the best place to get a phone unlocked

If she logs in to here account, you will see the option to get the NAC

https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/mymobile/phoneanddevice/nac/mynac/index.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If she logs in to here account, you will see the option to get the NAC

https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/mymobile...ynac/index.jsp

exactly, your mum has to logon to the site.

That's exactly what I've got. I think that it could be due to the fact she didn't add her phone onto the website (although when I press Add phone it gives the 6300 info.)
    The phone doesn't show up though...

• Advertisement

Denzil2222 wrote: »
    Gsm solutions ltd at 6-7 upper abbey street dublin is the best place to get a phone unlocked

Well, for €45 I can just get myself a 6300 unlocked from ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement