Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Upgrading ballyfermot

• 14-09-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I dont know if someone has already mentioned this but Id just say that id let people know that UPC are about to start upgrading the cables in Dublin 10 so you people will be able to get their broadband and phone in the near future. Just received a letter today to tell me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I have had their broadband in Ballyfermot for the past 18 months or so. Shockingly inconsistent lately I wonder if thats why they're upgrading it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Gitb1 wrote: »
    I have had their broadband in Ballyfermot for the past 18 months or so. Shockingly inconsistent lately I wonder if thats why they're upgrading it

What part of ballyfermot?
    I ahve not been able to get it at all yet, they said that it wasnt avaliable until now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

"Near Future" = 6-12 months after they send those letters out. Not in 2010 anyway.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    "Near Future" = 6-12 months after they send those letters out. Not in 2010 anyway.

I will be waiting til at least july anyway cos im getting good use from eircom study hub for my leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

It part of the 2010 rebuild program and is planned to be finished by the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gitb1 wrote: »

I have it a few months in Ballyfermot now, hasn't missed a beat. Very impressed with UPC so far. That said, I'm looking forward to having HD & I'll be porting the old landline number over too when the services are ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Typical :D

Waiting months for UPC to start upgrading! Got tired of mobile broadband over the weekend and ordered eircom yesterday- came home to a letter from UPC today :rolleyes:

rev2.0 wrote: »
    Typical :D

Waiting months for UPC to start upgrading! Got tired of mobile broadband over the weekend and ordered eircom yesterday- came home to a letter from UPC today :rolleyes:

As far as I know you can cancel the eircom within the first few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I've had UPC broadband in Ballyfermot for years.

Although as far as An Post is concerned I'm officially in Chapelizod. But I'm the town end of Ballyfermot really :)

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    I've had UPC broadband in Ballyfermot for years.

Although as far as An Post is concerned I'm officially in Chapelizod. But I'm the town end of Ballyfermot really :)

Oh right, yea I knew that they could get it in Chapelizod. What post code is Chapelizod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Oh right, yea I knew that they could get it in Chapelizod. What post code is Chapelizod

D20.

It's available around the Kylemore Road area & adjoining roads, and maybe more roads, but I know people here too who it's not available for also. It must literally be on the outskirts of the UPC network in D10.

No...

I got a letter at start of July and the work was completed and I could get UPC BB on Aug 30. So 2 months, not bad!

You will start to see the Sierra Communications vans all around you area. Ask them for a rough idea as to when they will be finished. When you see no more vans you will more than likely be able to recieve their service.

Also just keep checking the checker on http://www.upc.ie/broadband/fifteen/ (at bottom of page).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No...

I got a letter at start of July and the work was completed and I could get UPC BB on Aug 30. So 2 months, not bad!

Not bad indeed, those letters normally used to be sent out ages before an area went live. 2 Months is a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

oh please god let them be running it from Ballyfermot to Chapelizod...
    I was wondering if the works that affected the bridge in chapelizod over the past month or so had anything to do with UPC as I saw a couple of Sierra vans around....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

which end of Ballyfermot is Ballyfermot North???
    UPC have added this area to the "soon to be added" areas..
    hope it's mine! (haven't got a letter tho)

Advertisement