Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convoy of State Mercedes Cars attempting breakout through Galway Gridlock at 5pm

Options
  • 14-09-2010 4:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Just in from the Ardilaun. The Cabinet is about to make a break for it through a Gridlocked Galway ( Headford Road closed after accident) . Sirens will indicate their position. One cynic I know said they would wait for an ambulance to leave the hospital and will then follow it in a convoy so have those camera phones ready y'áll :D

A convoy of black mercs including that Cowen is about to be blue sirened through the Hospital area and Town then out Bohermore and Moneenagisha. Expect the noise to start about now.

You will see around 10 Mercedes Cars in a Convoy and around 6-8 motorbike cops trying to barge the traffic out of the way.

You are perfectly within your rights not to move out of the way for Noel Dempsey, Brian Cowen and Brian Lenihan no matter how much roaring the cops do. Cnuts still won't give us our bypass even after all this :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Sponge Bob wrote: »

You are perfectly within your rights not to move out of the way for Noel Dempsey, Brian Cowen and Brian Lenihan no matter how much roaring the cops do. Cnuts still won't give us our bypass even after all this :(

As much as i agree with the sentiment you are not within your rights to disobey a direction from a garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

skelliser wrote: »
    As much as i agree with the sentiment you are not within your rights to disobey a direction from a garda.

you're a good peasant. Pat on the head for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Get the camera phones ready if you hear a siren.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The Ardilaun doesn't have a helipad.
    Bad choice of venue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Bad choice of venue

funny, I saw a helicoptor heading in that direction a little while ago!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Is this a big rush to get Biffo into rehab? If so they could detox him in the psych unit at UCHG and use the heli-pad adjacent to the childrens' hospital get him to the Rutland Centre (land in Marley Park?).

If a garda told you to pull down his pants and suck his knob, would you.....be breaking the law?

Its actually illegal for any vehical to break the rules of the road, NO ONE is above the law, esp. repersentatives of the law, just no one would prosecute a garda or ambulance for doing so.
    eg. if you moved outta the way for an ambulance, and thus, causing an accident, its your fault! you may be given the lightest of penilties considering, but you'll still be prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

BornToBe? wrote: »
    If a garda told you to pull down his pants and suck his knob, would you.....be breaking the law?

No, but he would be
    BornToBe? wrote: »
    Its actually illegal for any vehical to break the rules of the road, NO ONE is above the law, esp. repersentatives of the law, just no one would prosecute a garda or ambulance for doing so.

That's simply not true, and please don't anyone give Cowen et al the satisfaction of getting yourselves arrested just because someone on Boards told you!

Now, I just wish the Guards in this case could abandon Cowen and his fellow wasters and leave them stuck in traffic. It's just a pity that there's that accident on the Headford Road because no doubt someone will blame that for the usual gridlock.

Grow up will ya!

I hate Clowen and FF as much as the next man and my posts here back this up.

Emergency vehicles, of which the gardai are, are allowed to break the rules of the road. FACT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

No but the Bishop's Palace does...also saw aformentioned helicopter heading in that direction

McDougal wrote: »
    you're a good peasant. Pat on the head for you.

Here, get back to moving books around easons, good man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Emergency vehicles, of which the gardai are, are allowed to break the rules of the road. FACT.

Everyone knows that.

But is ferrying a politician an emergency?
    No.

Everyone knows that.

But is ferrying a politician an emergency?
    No.

It doesn't have to be an emergency. The vay-hick-el just has to be used in the course of "carrying out duties".

churchview wrote: »
    No, but he would be

That's simply not true, and please don't anyone give Cowen et al the satisfaction of getting yourselves arrested just because someone on Boards told you!

you might wanna review your law notes, but I agree that no one should take anything off the internet as fact.

I'd actually would put my self in the position of being arrested for not letting my UN-elected so called leader of my country through grid lock so he could get back to what ever he does badly.
    I would argue my case all the way to the high court, with thousands of supports behind me.

Hang on. You made a statement:

"Its actually illegal for any vehical to break the rules of the road, NO ONE is above the law, esp. repersentatives of the law, just no one would prosecute a garda or ambulance for doing so. "

It's wrong.

Now why should I review some notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

The amount of nonsense that appears on here is frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Crap lock. You had your say, this isn't going to end well. Btw, Headford Road is closed still anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement