Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Military Photo Thread (Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Firekitten wrote: »
    Not on thier windproof smocks they dont. And if that was the case, we'd surely see one on the plethora of shoulders visible.

Lets see.... we have your 'word' that you know this chaps dad. Other than that, there isnt anything there. No unit flashes, nothing, Which if anything, suggests pathfinders, as does the wimiks.

They arent in theatre... nobody is wearing armour, the landies are a bit older, and the sa80s are susat and handguarded,

Not one beret, not one marine tab
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=71449439
    As for digging, You tunneling to China? You could be more polite than 'i know his dad, don't challenge mah authoritaahhh!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Not on thier windproof smocks they dont. And if that was the case, we'd surely see one on the plethora of shoulders visible.

Lets see.... we have your 'word' that you know this chaps dad. Other than that, there isnt anything there. No unit flashes, nothing, Which if anything, suggests pathfinders, as does the wimiks.

They arent in theatre... nobody is wearing armour, the landies are a bit older, and the sa80s are susat and handguarded,

Not one beret, not one marine tab

As for digging, You tunneling to China? You could be more polite than 'i know his dad, don't challenge mah authoritaahhh!'

Lets get back on topic about the picture

So far, all you have done is argue about minor points.

2 sources have said the guys in the photo are Royal Marines and you have not produced any evidences to support your original statement.

So either produce evidence or accept they are Marines and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Neither have you :P

Two ex Mil posters have said they dont look like marines...

This is on topic, its discussion of photos, and nobody but you is arguing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

tbh no solid evidence either way , i put very little faith in 'i know that guy posts' with regard to random pictures someone else has posted, no offense but I've seen far to many of them on airsoft forums and tbh it does not normally end well

next topic me things :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

"Landies are older, SA80s have SUSAT" etc etc.

Photo was posted to militaryphotos.net on 03-Mar-2004. It may be older, though probably not by much. That's the gear they went to Iraq with at the start of Op TELIC.
    Starting on 20th March 2003, 40 and 42 Commando moved into Southern Iraq to secure the oil fields and prevent Saddam from setting them on fire, as he did when withdrawing from Kuwait in 1991.

...which is more or less a pathfinder role, they were backed up by heavier forces afterwards. Marine Justin Thomas won a CGC in Basra on the 30th.

If Dogwatch says he knows the bloke's Dad then that's the end of it. The horse has been flogged down to a red stain at this point. Next item please...

edit: wrong thread

FSG / Fire Support Group : Lots of blokes with lots of weapons, that shoot at stuff so it doesnt shoot back, when they would alternatively, be shooting at you.

'potentially paras?' = From looking at the guys, something in me wants to think its the paras, what with mixmatch ddpm and dpm, wimiks, and para smocks :P
    Could be wrong, could just be a very Ally footslogger fsg *shrugs*

You admit you could be wrong and when offered the truth argue about it
    but looking at your past history, I am not surprised.

Instead of telling posters they are wrong, maybe you should ask how they know what it is.

If you want them to be Para's, go ahead, the available evidence indicates you are wrong unless you can show otherwise.

wrong place again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Puding wrote: »
    xd999ab98.jpg
    Can i get the name of that gun please? thanks!
    xXx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Can i get the name of that gun please? thanks!
    xXx

Pretty sure its a KORD Heavy MG, shoots the 12.7 round, equivalent of the M2 browning 50.cal as far as I know.

edit: Puding beat me to it. damn you! :p

Puding wrote: »

one for ozcam and the camo collection :)
    20110320121854.jpg

Crazy Ivan.*

Some kind of an urban sniper thing, IIRC.

*that's a comment, not the name of the camo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Dogwatch wrote: »
    You admit you could be wrong and when offered the truth argue about it
    but looking at your past history, I am not surprised.

Instead of telling posters they are wrong, maybe you should ask how they know what it is.

If you want them to be Para's, go ahead, the available evidence indicates you are wrong unless you can show otherwise.

I'll tell you why I "jumped in" as you incredulously asked. First of all, heaven f*cking forbid that someone challenge you with a question. It is a discussion site after all.

But lets get to it shall we? First of all, you come out with a patch that nobody else can see. Even when you claim to identify where it is. Still nobody can see it. Add to that not one other single solitary shoulder on view in that thread is carrying a similar patch (or any other patch for that matter I should add ... ). But do you know what? Hey ... you could be wrong. People could be wrong. Big swinging deal.

Then you change tact and announce by implication that you know the guy in question. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Again, big swinging deal.

But why .... oh why .... did you not just say that you recognised one of the soldiers in the photo as RMC instead of banging on about a patch that really doesn't look like it exists. You could have saved yourself a whole load of grief and you could have saved everyone else a whole load of grief. That you changed tact to perceivably "win an argument on the int0rw3bs" doesn't instil confidence in your claim, as truthful as it may or may not be.

Anyway, that's my .2c as blunt as it is. Take it or leave it, I wont be commenting further. If you wish to continue this, feel free to PM me.

Lemming wrote: »
    But why .... oh why .... did you not just say that you recognised one of the soldiers in the photo as RMC instead of banging on about a patch that really doesn't look like it exists. You could have saved yourself a whole load of grief and you could have saved everyone else a whole load of grief.
    +1 on that!
    xXx

I'll tell you why I "jumped in" as you incredulously asked. First of all, heaven f*cking forbid that someone challenge you with a question. It is a discussion site after all.

But lets get to it shall we? First of all, you come out with a patch that nobody else can see. Even when you claim to identify where it is. Still nobody can see it. Add to that not one other single solitary shoulder on view in that thread is carrying a similar patch (or any other patch for that matter I should add ... ). But do you know what? Hey ... you could be wrong. People could be wrong. Big swinging deal.

Then you change tact and announce by implication that you know the guy in question. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Again, big swinging deal.

But why .... oh why .... did you not just say that you recognised one of the soldiers in the photo as RMC instead of banging on about a patch that really doesn't look like it exists. You could have saved yourself a whole load of grief and you could have saved everyone else a whole load of grief. That you changed tact to perceivably "win an argument on the int0rw3bs" doesn't instil confidence in your claim, as truthful as it may or may not be.

Anyway, that's my .2c as blunt as it is. Take it or leave it, I wont be commenting further. If you wish to continue this, feel free to PM me.

I simply said that they were RM. Your alter ego could not accept that someone else may have information she/he was not privvy to.
    They should be less confrontational and be more polite and enquire where the information comes from rather than telling other posters they are wrong.
    This entire episode is becoming tedious and purile so please move on and enjoy the photos.

Ok, lets all step back.

Nobody is telling anyone anything here. You honestly didnt probide any 'available evidence' to suggest either way. the patch that people called you on switched to it being a guy you know's son. Fair play. I'm just a little dubious as to that being genuine from looking at the picture myself.

I've served, and to my eyes, they dont look like marines. I didnt say paras, I said possibly, and said possibly pathfinders. Its actually rather hard to know for sure.

I have never told you you were wrong, just.... that I didnt agree with your train of thought.

As for my 'track record' you bring into the party something of utter irelevance, to try and discredit me, and win your silly argument. You know? I don't care that much. If you want to prove it, whatever. Its clear you care more about the poster than the post....

And as for calling me Lemming's alter ego?

R.O.F.L (with LMAOnase on top) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm not even going to justify that with a response or explanation dear.

Ok, lets all step back.

Nobody is telling anyone anything here. You honestly didnt probide any 'available evidence' to suggest either way. the patch that people called you on switched to it being a guy you know's son. Fair play. I'm just a little dubious as to that being genuine from looking at the picture myself.

I've served, and to my eyes, they dont look like marines. I didnt say paras, I said possibly, and said possibly pathfinders. Its actually rather hard to know for sure.

I have never told you you were wrong, just.... that I didnt agree with your train of thought.

As for my 'track record' you bring into the party something of utter irelevance, to try and discredit me, and win your silly argument. You know? I don't care that much. If you want to prove it, whatever. Its clear you care more about the poster than the post....

And as for calling me Lemming's alter ego?

R.O.F.L (with LMAOnase on top) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm not even going to justify that with a response or explanation dear.

Yawn,Yawn,Yawn, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

ok folks, this maddness ends now. if you have a valid points to discuss then do so but leave the e-handbags aside please.

Vinny: someone posted those foreign legion snaps ages ago, cheers for putting them up though :)

• Advertisement

Vinny: someone posted those foreign legion snaps ages ago, cheers for putting them up though :)
    Thats probably where i stole them from then haha! Found them on my laptop and had to re-upload them to share it with you all :p
    xXx

Well nice of you to share :)

Moran: Molle tastic! Wonder how long it is before we see molle encrusted multiglam warriors bristling with pouches gracing the skirmish fields?

Some things are too far rofl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

whydave wrote: »
    kapisa10small.jpg
    that's like mine !!!!! got to love Mossberg's (it's a Mossberg 500)

62532124.jpg

This isn't club-med? The recruiter lied to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Though strangely like Club Med, they do give you a rifle and let you at it.

is it just me or is his arm BLEEDIN' MAAAAASIVE?!?!?!???
    xXx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Typical US Army uniform regulations...

5ff6b73a.jpg
    So is this ''blind firing '' ?? :p

So is this ''blind firing '' ?? :p

YES Dave, but it is also being sensible when the lead is flying towards you!!!!

x800c.jpg
    ''Libyan rebels''
    ''Lost my tank !! has anyone seen my TANK ?? ''

0_572cd_5f05a14f_XXL.jpg
    Manic Moran is this one of your bad dreams !

• Advertisement

x21538ce8.jpg
    how tanks are born !biggrin.gif

OMG IT'S HORRENDOUS!!!! I think I'm gonna be sick... *gag*
    xXx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

x00cce4d0.jpg
    T-90 (not to sure on that )

T-80s of some description or another, the driver's periscopes are the giveaway. Immediate thought is 'T-80B' but I'd need to look it up to be sure. I'm not up to date on the latest ERA configurations.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

387561464ysgilcph3jb.jpg
    love that Mag !

biethaiteam6uv.jpg
    ]

Photo is doctored/fake.

The guy in the rice hat is an airsofter. I've seen a bunch of his "team" photos posted elsewhere, including this one. Very well presented photos they were, but there ye go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Our favourite rebel is back.

Words fail me on this one.

800xba.jpg

NTM

<singing> "Oh the rations in the army they say they're pretty swell, but is it even edible I just cant really tell!

Hey, ma I want to go -
    But they wont let me go -
    Hey ma I want to go home."</singing>

20490b46.jpg

AUG AuSteyr F88 A2:)

A batch of the F88A3 (New version from Thales Australia with rails all over it) is still in testing, apparently.

It's interesting that they've stayed with the green stocks, there was a suggestion last year that they were going to change the plastic to brown. The mount for the laser seems to have been moved back a good bit, it used to be almost level with the front sling mount.

I have a press release about the TBAS somewhere around here... The previous body armour worked all right, but was heavy, uncomfortable and didn't offer any lighter options. The TBAS is designed to allow plates to be easily added and removed to suit the mission. I notice it's a solid colour, you could always localise it with DPCU or DPDU pouches I suppose.

On the other hand, this rotation into A'stan will be getting a lot of new kit, and will be going out on patrol wearing the very latest Crye Precision AC uniforms in... MultiCam.

Photo is doctored/fake.
    The guy in the rice hat is an airsofter. I've seen a bunch of his "team" photos posted elsewhere, including this one.
    were ? won't mind seeing them

David

were ? won't mind seeing them

David

Was a while ago, so I'd need to go looking for them but they were pretty slick photos.

valkyriearmamentbeltfed.jpg
    soon on an airsoft site near you !!!

• Advertisement

Edit: post deleted, comment useless.

As for the 'BSR Mod1' Thing, its not that new, Original was the Ares Defence Shrike system, been around for atleast 10 years. Same failing points and lack of actual advantages, both essentially trying to make the m4 into a stoner... Not many real military applications for them tbh.

I'll clarrify on the new comment, as dave seems to like leaving snarky remarks, or gestures in his subsiquent posts. Yes, I said its an old concept, regardless of how new the bsr mod1 is. Ive seen several custom jobs on airsoft forums and sites already. Unlikely that a manufacturer would make one, so it will likely remain the same.
    I'm not saying you cant post it because of the age of it, however, come to think about it, its not very military photos is it? its a pristine pulbicity shot of an assault lmg that isnt used. (You wanted to go down the nit picking route)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

soon on an airsoft site near you !!!
    It already is...

032fx.jpg
    Are these Taiwanese soldiers?
    xXx

Damn. 5,384 times* over the 1J limit :(

I'm sure Dex is trying to figure out a downgrade already.

* at least. YMMV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Anyone know the country of origin of those moblie artiliary trucks? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RNO

Yup, Froggies.... Spotted with some zoom and photo magic famas's on thier backs....

Not too many use the Fritz AM About to Surrender.

No need to have a zoom....truck are big enough...

Didnt know where the trucks were from, and UN white is a little difficult to place :P, but CCE and a famas gave me a bit of a clue...

• Advertisement

I think French sold FAMAS to few country.
    Not big country but some.
    It's a great weapon, except the first time you launch grenade, that destroy your shoulder or/and burn your face. :D

Advertisement