Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clubcard Deals

Options
  • 14-09-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Having found the deal I wanted, Tesco wouldn't accept my Tesco gift card, saying that vouchers only were accepted. I thought that a gift card and voucher were both basically the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not really.

The clubcard vouchers are earned through making purchases instore with Tesco and can only be earned by Clubcard members. Gift cards can be purchased by anyone straight for cash without making any goods purchase.

I would never even have thought of using a gift card for Tesco Deals - it's always clearly linked with their Clubcard vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 traceyarts

yeah a gift card has been purchased by the company with cash, whereas a voucher is added up points youve earned by shopping with them, and they give you money off coupons to shop or to exchange for "deals". the vouchers are just an incentive for you to shop with them. its a bit of a cod really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A €10 voucher costs €1000 spend in tesco, as for every €1 you spend, you get 1 point, and each point you save give you 1cent back.

A giftcard costs you €10, so you cant get the same deal that would cost you spending €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ClickityClick

Thanks everybody for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I spent my vouchers, so I'll have to barter with my friends using my gift cards !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It would make if far too easy for people to take advantage. e.g. €2.50 worth of clubcard points gets you €10 worth of food in TGI fridays, now if you were a regular there you could be buying €10 of vouchers and cashing them in for €40 worth of TGI vouchers every week.

Some of the deals are quite good, many are 4 times the value.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

rubadub wrote: »
    It would make if far too easy for people to take advantage. e.g. €2.50 worth of clubcard points gets you €10 worth of food in TGI fridays, now if you were a regular there you could be buying €10 of vouchers and cashing them in for €40 worth of TGI vouchers every week.
    Some of the deals are quite good, many are 4 times the value.

Tesco UK are now changing the value of clubcard deals from 4 times their value to three times, from December. http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/importantchanges/

There is no news about the Irish version, does anyone know if there are changes afoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Don't think so.

But Tesco UK give 2 points for each £ spent.

Advertisement