Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pot Holes

Options
  • 14-09-2010 6:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭

If former County Mayor Nora Flynn does get the Green Party Leader to visit her electorate area, can she bring him this way as well and not just to Melleray, Affane and Cappoquin. When he is on his bike and trying to cycle around, it might be possible to get the bulktank or a tractor and trailor come behind him and we will see how me manages to keep in to leave it pass. Maybe he would want to leave the driver wait.

Well done Nora, I hope you get him down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I read about this yesterday and couldn't understand what she was on about. Pot holes are the responsibility of the Co. Council, so what does this have to do with the Minister for the Environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

I guess she is referring to the Greens intention to spend so much money on an unneccessary metro in Dublin at the disadvantage of maintaining roads in the rest of the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I read about this yesterday and couldn't understand what she was on about. Pot holes are the responsibility of the Co. Council, so what does this have to do with the Minister for the Environment?

Maybe from some of the stupid levy's he and his party are coming up with he should give some of the money to the county councils for road repairs. I know he want us all to be green, and to walk and cycle everywhere which may be possible in Dublin but not in rural ireland. Even if we do walk and cycle everywhere we wont be able to do it for long more as we wont be able to get round some of the pot holes.

Maybe i am doing the man an injustice, and maybe he might be giving the councils enough money and it is those responsible for preparing and spending the budgets locally that are not doing it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

Road repair money comes from the Department of Transport, not the Department of the Environment.

You'd think an experienced Councillor like Nora Flynn would know how Government works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Road repair money comes from the Department of Transport, not the Department of the Environment.

You'd think an experienced Councillor like Nora Flynn would know how Government works.

Noel Dempsey is as bad a minister as Gormley is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

[IMG][/img]XPLT6.jpg

WJ6ee.jpg

[IMG][/img]nCZxQ.jpg

Advertisement