Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 Pro Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AshJennie

Hey guys, just thought I'd sign up on here to keep track of things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Hey lads, is there any chance I can get involved here?

My virtual pro isn't great at the moment, but I'm working on it. I'll play anywhere, but preferably not up-front. My PSN ID is Just-Contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Hey lads, is there any chance I can get involved here?

My virtual pro isn't great at the moment, but I'm working on it. I'll play anywhere, but preferably not up-front. My PSN ID is Just-Contribute.

All are welcome, it doesn't matter what level your pro is at. Positions are generally rotated so you won't be stuck in the same position every game, unless of course you're owning that position. Oh yeah invite sent

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Great games last night, well played all. The team is really starting to come together now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DReills84

Hey lads

Can players still join this?

My pro is a right forward/winger and is rated 81.
    Expert dribbler and GREAT crosser of the ball.

My username is DReills84 if there is still space

• Advertisement

DReills84 wrote: »
    Hey lads

Can players still join this?

My pro is a right forward/winger and is rated 81.
    Expert dribbler and GREAT crosser of the ball.

My username is DReills84 if there is still space

There's always space, all though theres a few wingers and forwards already but everyone gets their chance in the position. I'll add you when I'm home.

Cheers, my players passing ability is quite good as well so either side of midfield or as an attacking midfielder or centre forward positions as well would suit.

The Dahmer wrote: »

The most annoying thing Ive noticed so far is opponents quitting the game when they go 2 or 3 nil down. Take yer beatings like men!

Thats been a problem for ages, I hate it. I played one guy, beat me 2-1 twice, on the third game I was 2 up and he quit when the third went in!
    :mad::mad::mad:

TBH i think people get too stuck up on the players ratings, i was getting MOTM's with my fella when he was in his 70's.... it's more about the player controlling him then the ability of the controlled player. :pac:

TBH i think people get too stuck up on the players ratings, i was getting MOTM's with my fella when he was in his 70's.... it's more about the player controlling him then the ability of the controlled player. :pac:

Agreed. I think people get a bit more cocky as their player gets better and when they make him 5'1" so hes a little rocket. Pass the ball and stop trying to beat everyone :D

• Advertisement

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Agreed. I think people get a bit more cocky as their player gets better and when they make him 5'1" so hes a little rocket. Pass the ball and stop trying to beat everyone :D

Yeah someone whose 5'1" is getting steamrolled by my 6'3" strength 91 pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Situation11

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Great games last night, well played all. The team is really starting to come together now.

Yeah some good games recently. Despite there being a huge squad, im noticing a core group of players playing consistently, and Ive seen enough quality to suggest that if their all on at the same time, could really go places.

The problem is the lack of an "ANY" player. The computer AI players are ****ing ****e. And it drags the team down. I also think if someone selects to play "CB" it is tough to play the offside rule, as they will drift too far back or wide off screen, whereas the comp players or ANY try to play it autmatically.

Example, last night we had Contribute and Dbalte (?) cb and we were killed with balls over the top. Thats not criticising them, its just the lack of playing the offside trap to our advantage.

Another thing I notice is us playing too many high balls over the top. The long ball is an ok tactic and works sometimes but I really think we need to get the ball down on the deck a bit more. Just an opinion.

We nearly had 11 on the other night, im desperate to get that trophy and maybe win a cup ;)

Lobbed passes work with fast players or if Paddy is playing up front or out wide, he always reads my passes:D

Our midfield and forwards are grand, defence are woeful. Gilberto_eire, we need you :D . Our best ANY player.

Think I'll be on tonight if theres enough of us on for a game.

Il be on after work, probably about 10:30pm Be well up for some games

Few games after the Ireland match tonight? Watching football always gets me in the mood for FIFA :D

sorry im missing all the games at the moment lads, work is kicking my ass. The latest I can get on every night now is 11 ish and usually everyone is gone by then

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Anyone for a few matches tonight?

Kind of frustrating how many times we play the long ball. It works sometimes but its overused with us. Why cant we keep it on the deck more and play a Barca-esque passing game? Im 90% sure we have the personnel to do it.

Also, can we organise a night to get 11 players on at same time? I want that trophy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

have we ever had the full team, ive only seen the same 5 or 6 each night, i can only manage weekends im afraid, damn working evenings

• Advertisement

We got a full 11 once and a few of us go the trophy. With all the new games out we don't get as many on now though :(

There's 4 or 5 of us that are always up for a game but I think I'll have to put on my scouting jacket to find us a few new players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 danielmoran

Sign Me Up
    PSN ID: danielmoran18
    position; RB, RM, CAM, CM, CDM
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Did ya's just play a team called Ice Cold Beer?

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Did ya's just play a team called Ice Cold Beer?

Yeah I think so. Lost 3-1?

Haven't seen a few people online in a while. Let's get it going again, lads ;)

I haven't been on in a while due to work and now exams coming up means less time:(

what is the pro clubs name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

what is the pro clubs name?

BOARDS IE - I think.

ya dats it. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

This team active at all? Looking for a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Iand-DOC

PSN:Ian-DOC
    i hope its ok if i join
    i can play striker centre mid or right wing

Advertisement