Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 Pro Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

TheTosh wrote: »
    We rotate more then Benitez plus no one has really nailed down a position as of yet so everyone gets a chance to play everywhere at some stage and eventually you'll find the position that suits you but wherever you play its always a good laugh and a bit of craic

Until Emmetmcl picks ANY. What the fúck man?
    Losing 1 nil and you start doing skill at the edge of our box passing it around the back 4? Trying to run the pitch with the keeper? I don't mind if people are shít and misplace a pass, I always do it myself sure but that I can't put up with.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Until Emmetmcl picks ANY. What the fúck man?
    Losing 1 nil and you start doing skill at the edge of our box passing it around the back 4? Trying to run the pitch with the keeper? I don't mind if people are shít and misplace a pass, I always do it myself sure but that I can't put up with.

You missed the game earlier where a player who shall remain un-named even rolled the ball out from the goalie to the other team.

It's a great game mode but it becomes very boring when people hog the same positions, always shoot and constantly run into people etc... and your left watching.

Don't mind playing with people who aren't good as long as they're trying to play as a team and pass etc... we'll see how it goes, i'm sure after a while, we might get it down to 3/4/5 decent, team players..... over 5 is too much IMO, thats why i left earlier after 2/3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I remember that, couldn't believe it. I don't mind people being in the same positions as long as they're doing a good enough job to warrant their place in that position ie scally, he's well earned his striker position

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I remember that, couldn't believe it. I don't mind people being in the same positions as long as they're doing a good enough job to warrant their place in that position ie scally, he's well earned his striker position

I'm curious to who it is now :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Agreed lads. I think only 1 or 2 of us actually have our players at a good enough level. People shouldnt be trying to beat players everytime they get the ball. Most of our goals came when there was 4 or 5 passes in a row (And when Tosh gets his tap ins into open goals :p )

Another thing, if someones been in a position for 4 or 5 games and you want to try it out, just say it in the chat and there should be no problem in you having it for a few games. I say in two weeks we'll have a fair idea who's best for each position.

Other than that, its a good laugh playing with yous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

You missed the game earlier where a player who shall remain un-named even rolled the ball out from the goalie to the other team.

It's a great game mode but it becomes very boring when people hog the same positions, always shoot and constantly run into people etc... and your left watching.

Don't mind playing with people who aren't good as long as they're trying to play as a team and pass etc... we'll see how it goes, i'm sure after a while, we might get it down to 3/4/5 decent, team players..... over 5 is too much IMO, thats why i left earlier after 2/3 games

That was a nightmare game. I picked ANY and it stuck my pro player in as the keeper. At least I got a goalkeepr accomplishment for the 1 save I managed to make. Shame about the 6 I let in though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hey I'd be interested. Preferably LM. But CM or LB either. Anywhere really though tbh.

PSN: Cill-

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

i got frozen out in one of the games last, could still see the game playing but couldnt get the player to move or anything so im not sure what happened, eventually got logged out, sorry if that p***ed anyone off

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Agreed lads. I think only 1 or 2 of us actually have our players at a good enough level. People shouldnt be trying to beat players everytime they get the ball. Most of our goals came when there was 4 or 5 passes in a row (And when Tosh gets his tap ins into open goals :p )

Another thing, if someones been in a position for 4 or 5 games and you want to try it out, just say it in the chat and there should be no problem in you having it for a few games. I say in two weeks we'll have a fair idea who's best for each position.

Other than that, its a good laugh playing with yous.

I don't think it's anything to do with who's good where, like if your good single player you can play anywhere, you are controlling your whole team after all.

But more importantly if people don't go every position to get accomplishments then their player won't be well rounded, the more people rotate(including defence) the more accomplishments they get, and the better the team and AI players will be.

I just want to get my fella good for now, i'm not overly concerned with where/how he plays

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone up for a few games this evening? I'll be on from about 6.

RB/RM whichever.

• Advertisement

Having 3 cm's worked well for us last night, 4 4 2 didn't work so well because we got bossed in midfield

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone up for a few games this evening? I'll be on from about 6.

RB/RM whichever.

Ill be on from half6, so will join in then.

Having 3 cm's worked well for us last night, 4 4 2 didn't work so well because we got bossed in midfield

Yeah 4-3-3 was great I taught. The two wide men up front and one striker worked well. We'll try it again tonight.

Sometimes gets confusing when the captain keeps changing and they dont know to change the formation. Hope they sort out the mics aswell, they're fairly dodgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

4-3-3 would suit speedy full backs too. My pro is rather fast so can support attacking play when neccesary. Daycent cross on him too. Am up for trying out that formation.

Can I just add myself to the club by searching for it or do I need to be invited?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Can I just add myself to the club by searching for it or do I need to be invited?

You can search for it and request to join. Then when I'm home, I'll accept it :)

Cheers, will do it when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chicharit0

I will send a request to join later on this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hayde7

Id be up for joining if yas need more, ill play anywere yas need but would rather anywhere across midfield. ill be on later as well

psn: hayde7

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

So everyone playing tonight? I had fun the practice games I played with you as ANY. I don't mind playing there, but I'd rather control the one player if possible.

• Advertisement

I'll be on in about a half hour if I've had my invite accepted to play.

Think I'll play Manager Mode for the next few nights. Sick of my pro being woeful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Just had my first few games. 1 win 1 draw. My pro is still aweful though. Oh and ball winner ftw!:D

Prufrock wrote: »
    Just had my first few games. 1 win 1 draw. My pro is still aweful though. Oh and ball winner ftw!:D

We make a good midfield combination, we even carried a few clubs last year like that danish one

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

We make a good midfield combination, we even carried a few clubs last year like that danish one

Haha I remember those guys. Well your a playmaker(I assume) and I'm a ball winner so it does compliment itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chicharit0

anyone playing tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

My Pro player still has the agility of an elephant when I try him online, though he is fine off it. I noticed the firewall status in the game shows as moderate, anyone if this is normal or should it be open,

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

decnug wrote: »
    My Pro player still has the agility of an elephant when I try him online, though he is fine off it. I noticed the firewall status in the game shows as moderate, anyone if this is normal or should it be open,

Mine is the same but have had no problems getting online so u should be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

How does the VP actually work then? I currently have him playing the last 10 games as a CF but he started off in the first five as a CM. Could I move him to CB in 10 games time to boost up his defence stats? Or is he pretty much locked to the one position for good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Anyone?

Advertisement