Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 Pro Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aceflush1

give a time and il try get on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Trying to level up my pro atm.

How are people getting on with the volley accomplishments? Been trying for ages but can never manage to get a team mate to pass it to me in the air so I can have a swing at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Frisbee wrote: »
    Trying to level up my pro atm.

How are people getting on with the volley accomplishments? Been trying for ages but can never manage to get a team mate to pass it to me in the air so I can have a swing at it?

I have most of the volleys but got bored at about 17 of the 25. Start your pro as a striker with a good left winger and right winger. In the formation change it so the wingers have the attacking arrows running into the box. Get either winger to run to the line and cross to the far post, the ball usually gets over hit to the other winger which you can then head it across the box to your player who usually will volley it.

Hope that made sense :D

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I have most of the volleys bot got bored at about 17 of the 25. Start your pro as a striker with a good left winger and right winger. In the formation change it so the wingers have the attacking arrows running into the box. Get either winger to run to the line and cross to the far post, the ball usually gets over hit to the other winger which you can then head it across the box to your player who usually will volley it.

Hope that made sense :D

Yup it does, cheers man, up to 89 overall now.

I actually spent a while trying to just flick it up to myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

ill be on from about 9 so if anyones up for a few games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aceflush1

il be on just after 9 il go to the dressing room to check who's on

Maybe we should make a set day/time when we all come on and play Clubs together. Would everyone be interested in that?

We could do every Wednesday and Sunday is Clubs day and we get most of us playing. If that sounds good let me know and I'll send everyone a PSN message about it.

Btw, it doesn't have to be Wednesday and Sunday. That was just an example :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Great idea lads, good luck with it! Might see ya's on the virtual field ;)

Anyone up for some clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

Maybe we should make a set day/time when we all come on and play Clubs together. Would everyone be interested in that?

We could do every Wednesday and Sunday is Clubs day and we get most of us playing. If that sounds good let me know and I'll send everyone a PSN message about it.

Btw, it doesn't have to be Wednesday and Sunday. That was just an example :D

good idea man, those days you mentioned suit me (the sunday anyway) but i usually miss the week nights as ive to work in the evenings, its been a while since i played in the club

• Advertisement

Ok I'll send everyone a PSN message tonight because everyone doesn't come on here.

We'll give Wednesday and Sunday a try for now and see how it goes. I'll be on from 8pm to get things started :)

Few of us playing now if anyone wants to join in.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That's Ade from boards! :pac:

Good game lads. Was our first game of the night actually and our first club game in a week but we played alright considering.

Good games yesterday, lads.

I finally got my trophy for playing 50 games for a club. Also got the play with a team of 10 and play for 50 hours or something :D

Ya i headed off to play some single and level my player up.

Couldn't hear ya when i asked how ye levelled up due to the wonderful mic support FIFA has every year(NHL 11 is perfect too) but i said i'd try an exhibition against Bray/UCD controlling the whole time and it worked so made it bit easier then doing career(playing harder teams, although by and large it counts for nothing apart from their keeper). So got a few more things done.

Just to say, GBalfe whoever you are.... stop hogging a striker position every time and stop being so greedy. At the end of that ET game we lost there were two of us free inside for a tap in and you just smacked it at their keeper from an angle you were never going to score from.

I don't mind playing with any players who aren't great but at least try to play as a team, but one or two of the new lads are highly frustrating, stop hogging positions and stop always running forward with it, especially from a striker position. Your supposed to hold it up and bring the midfield into the game. :pac:

To anyone wanting to level up quick, go to Creation Centre on your computer and search for teams "Hopeless" or "Bad City". These teams have terrible players and theyre all midgets so it makes it alot easier to level up. If you're doing forward/midfield stats download the 1-4-5 formation from my shared tactics and assign it to the team to make scoring and assists easier. You can also play on world class and turn off offsides. If you're doing defence you can turn off bookings and injuries.

I also agree with you about people selfing the ball. Most of the time squaring the ball into the box will give someone an easy tap in.

To anyone wanting to level up quick, go to Creation Centre on your computer and search for teams "Hopeless" or "Bad City". These teams have terrible players and theyre all midgets so it makes it alot easier to level up. If you're doing forward/midfield stats download the 1-4-5 formation from my shared tactics and assign it to the team to make scoring and assists easier. You can also play on world class and turn off offsides. If you're doing defence you can turn off bookings and injuries.

I also agree with you about people selfing the ball. Most of the time squaring the ball into the box will give someone an easy tap in.

I never taught of changing the other teams formation.

I did that in my last game doh to level up my defender, left him at the back by himself and kept trying to give the ball back to UCD.... WC difficulty or not it's impossible to give the ball away when your trying :mad:

Some of them seem too hard to get against AI though. Chip/FK's in arena etc.... i'll have to try get someone to play against and let me level up.

My player now is twice the player he was last night, in three or four games i got a good few achievements, gold ones and all. Nearly an 80 in some positions now.

It's an awful chore, they have the same mode in the NHL game and from what i can see it's all to do with how you play, feels more realistic.

Ya i'm always up for playing but i can't be arsed sitting playing when there are one or two lads who hog same positions and then try do everything themselves. However it's only 1/2 lads out of a sizeable group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Dahmer

Hey, any chance I could get in on this?

Im currently in a club with mates but they are always on COD and whatnot so would be willing to transfer to you guys?

PSN: Spectaculas

My pro is iffy, has like a 74 rating but im working on him. He is tall and powerful, plays up top mostly but can play anywhere that suits you guys..

ok ive sent a request to sign for this club in game but ive hear nothing back yet.

Should I contact the club manager or something? Crying out for a club to call home at this point..

PSN: Situation11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

The Dahmer wrote: »
    ok ive sent a request to sign for this club in game but ive hear nothing back yet.

Should I contact the club manager or something? Crying out for a club to call home at this point..

You just said your PSN was Spectaculas then you said it was Situation11 so which one is it

• Advertisement

Sorry man, was meant to send you an invite when I got home last night but completly forgot. I'll accept it when I'm home later. Yeah you can play any position you want all though up front is the most popular lately but everyone will get their chance up there.

Some good games last night, think we only lost one. We seem to always dominate teams but they get a flukey counter attack goal or something. We'll need a good holding midfielder to stop that. Gilberto_eire, you played deadly as the ANY player. Well done, I dont know how you do it but you seem to get the best out of those useless players :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnnyBomb

yeh few deadly games last nite especially early on when we had about 7 r 8 of us playing. tribal_army was class as any, them any players are so hard to play with there crap. hopefully get more on tonight make it better with nearly a full team.

JohnnyBomb wrote: »
    yeh few deadly games last nite especially early on when we had about 7 r 8 of us playing. tribal_army was class as any, them any players are so hard to play with there crap. hopefully get more on tonight make it better with nearly a full team.

Ya they give you really **** AI players.

It's not too bad if you can fill the attacking/midfield positions with real players and just have the defence as any.

Their passing is so bad doh, don't know how many times i measured a ball out the wing and it went for a throw in a different place. They also take very heavy touches, combined with the slight lag means losing the ball in defence is always a possibility.

Anyone is better then the AI controlled players though. They try skill out of defence and give the ball to whoever presses X first which can usually mean a pass that wasn't even on. All the good teams use ANY, you'll only beat so many playing with AI controlled.

Best way to boost your defender, just put him as a back and take ANY(playing computer on WC is really boring for defence)

Well finally joined, made my debut. Its a lot of fun. Dont think the attacking mid role is for me thoughu, I find myself wanting to track back too much. Maybe I should be a holding mid from now on..

My pro is absolute ****e at the mo but im gonna work on him. Im going to transform him into a lean mean essien type machine.

If im not mistaken, did you guys win a cup after I went offline? Think I saw 3 cup wins in a row..?

Well finally joined, made my debut. Its a lot of fun. Dont think the attacking mid role is for me thoughu, I find myself wanting to track back too much. Maybe I should be a holding mid from now on..

My pro is absolute ****e at the mo but im gonna work on him. Im going to transform him into a lean mean essien type machine.

If im not mistaken, did you guys win a cup after I went offline? Think I saw 3 cup wins in a row..?

In our dreams we won 3 cups in a row :D

I dont know if the lads stayed on after but I went off after the screen frooze in the semi-final at about 1. Just after I scored aswell :(

Anyway some good games last night. Well played everyone and yeah we really do need some more holding midfielders. So fair play if you're going to work on him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Are people still able to sign up for this, I'm sick of playing the random games with 8 people running after the ball and the guys in goal throwing a strop!

In our dreams we won 3 cups in a row :D

I dont know if the lads stayed on after but I went off after the screen frooze in the semi-final at about 1. Just after I scored aswell :(

Anyway some good games last night. Well played everyone and yeah we really do need some more holding midfielders. So fair play if you're going to work on him there.

That was strange, froze for me too and assumed they were trying to cheat since it was after the 2nd goal. Saw you go offline so taught it went for everyone. Went back to the lobby and saw two more were still playing. They held on 4-2 and no more games were played, was just me and one other lad, no point playing with 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Me and Prufrock won 4-1

Few games tonight at 9. All are welcome.

• Advertisement

well my pro is advancing slowly but surely. Im committing totally to the defensive mid role.

I played a few games with Paddy etc last night and thought I did ok in there, got a few man of the matches. Still to get on the score sheet but I guess as a DM thats not gonna happen often.

The most annoying thing Ive noticed so far is opponents quitting the game when they go 2 or 3 nil down. Take yer beatings like men!

Advertisement