Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 New Years Eve 1989 Concert

Options
  • 14-09-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi

wondering if anyone can help me with this

i have an audio copy of this concert but would love to see the concert in full in video. i have seen clips on youtube but not the full concert. does anyone have a copy of this concert or know where i can obtain it

for the record i buy all of u2 records in the shops and would buy this officially if i could before anyone accuses me of illegal downloading haha

cheers

jonny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Can't help you, sorry. I'd be interested too, seeing as I was there.
    Lovetown Tour with BB King as guest in The Point, it was. I think it was broadcast on radio all over Europe live, so I'd say there's definitely plenty of audio of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

ya i have the audio...first time i heard it was on tape that my brother had recorded it... i was too young at the time been only 8...

you were there, what a concert to be at...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

for the record i buy all of u2 records in the shops and would buy this officially if i could before anyone accuses me of illegal downloading haha
    That may be the case and more power to you for buying U2's recent releases but let's all bear the charter in mind:
    NO ILLEGAL WAREZ / MP3S / VIDEOS / TABS.
    Any discussion on the illegal download of copyrighted material is out of the question also. Any links to illegal mp3s, or the suggestion of P2P file sharing programs will be deleted, and the user possibly banned. Tabs aswell are now illegal, bear that in mind.

haha i knew this would get off topic... u2 encourage people to record their concerts as long as they dont profit from them , you never see concert goers to u2 concerts been stop bringing in video equipment etc...

some people have nothing better to be doing enough said....

back on topic i hope! anyone can help? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Such an amazing gig, I remember lying in bed listening to it and been blown away by it, especially by the crowd singing at the end. Clichéd as it sounds now it really was a musical awakening for my 14 year old self, had never heard anything so moving before as all those people singing "how long to sing this song...."
    Never knew there was any video footage of it.

• Advertisement

such passion from both the bad and the crowd...one big party!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I'm embarrassed to say, I was hoarse before I even left The Point due to that one song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Have you tried up on dimeadozen.org ?
    There are a few concert audios live from that period (including 2 from the same week in Dublin) + 1 video from Nov 89 (Sydney - Pro shot) so maybe even sending a PM to any of the folks seeding other late 89 U2 gigs might get you closer or a general request to the right dimedozen forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

U2start.com will tell you if one exists or not (mods: this site is policed well and does not allow any officially released material). It's nice getting vid's of gigs you were at and I managed to get a copy of their Zoo TV (1993) show from the RDS (the FM radio broadcast is sync'd with the vid so sound quality is fine). A whole two crowd camera angle shot video but it was a great show and I don't particularly like that band (Achtung Baby is excellent though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

ttoppcat wrote: »
    Such an amazing gig, I remember lying in bed listening to it and been blown away by it, especially by the crowd singing at the end. Clichéd as it sounds now it really was a musical awakening for my 14 year old self, had never heard anything so moving before as all those people singing "how long to sing this song...."
    Never knew there was any video footage of it.

You know they've stopped ending all there concerts with '40'. Last tour they tried to do something similar with a new track called 'Moment of Surrender' off the latest album with the usual crowd singing/band slowly leave vibe but it didn't go down well at all. Even in Barcelona some sections of the crowd started singing '40' instead while the band were trying to play 'Moment of Surrender'. '40' is a great tune though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement