Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to education allowance on illness benefit

Options
  • 14-09-2010 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi
    I was getting job seeker allowance for 10 months so I have applied for place on collage which I have got. Before I applied for back to education allowance I have got sick for 3 months so they cancelled my claim.
    Is it possible to get this back to education benefit in my situation ?
    thaks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

manox wrote: »
    Hi
    I was getting job seeker allowance for 10 months so I have applied for place on collage which I have got. Before I applied for back to education allowance I have got sick for 3 months so they cancelled my claim.
    thaks

yes

Hi
    thaks

what benefit are you claiming at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 manox

for back to education allowance
    Don't I have to be on job seeker benefit or allowance to qualify for this allowance ?

for back to education allowance
    Don't I have to be on job seeker benefit or allowance to qualify for this allowance ?

As before, what benefit are you currently in receipt of? is it illness benefit?

I take it you are on illness benefit, if so you will not be entitled to BTEA and in order to attend college you must receive written permission from the illness benefit section. If granted the permission from IB you will continue to receive a weekly illness beenfit payment. However should you be medically assessed during the course and deemed fit for work you will not receive JA or JB while attending college.

• Advertisement

I have the medical cert. which proofs I'm fit for work but the think is I have already started collage. So is there any way how to apply for this BTEA without getting Job seeker allowance or benefit again ?

I have the medical cert. which proofs I'm fit for work but the think is I have already started collage. So is there any way how to apply for this BTEA without getting Job seeker allowance or benefit again ?

Are you getting a payment from the social welfare at the moment?

no at this moment I'm still waiting until my sickness will to be paid

no at this moment I'm still waiting until my sickness will to be paid

I dont understand what medical cert do you have, is it a final cert?

Have you made a claim for JA or JB?

I have had JB befor I've got sick so I applied for course on collage and i was going to then when i've got sick during the summer so my claim has been cancelled. Now I don't know what to do. I started my course so I can't go back to JA unless I won't tell them I do collage, and if I'm not getting this benefit I probably can't get BTEA

• Advertisement

I have had JB befor I've got sick so I applied for course on collage and i was going to then when i've got sick during the summer so my claim has been cancelled. Now I don't know what to do. I started my course so I can't go back to JA unless I won't tell them I do collage, and if I'm not getting this benefit I probably can't get BTEA

Are you getting any payment now?

no I don't

no I don't

Apply for BTEA you can download the form online, then get in contact with the jobs facilitator at your local social welfare office and explain your situation, tell them you were unaware of BTEA and are applying now. Your illness benefit will count towards the qualifying conditions for BTEA.

Ultimately the decision will be down to the jobs facilitator, so be as open to them as you can and above all be honest.

Its worth a try.

Advertisement