Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords to ashbourne road still closed ?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

As above hve to drive there 2moro morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

luckyfrank wrote: »
    As above hve to drive there 2moro morning

Yeah still closed as of this evening. Local access only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

It's closed until November 1:mad:. The detour is crazy. It brings you around the by the back of the airport, past Keelings, turn right towards St Margarets, pasts St Margarets Country Club and straight through to join up with the Swords/Asbourne road again just beyond Rowlestown. It must be an 8 mile round trip to avoid a couple of hundred metres of road works.

However, if you know the area, you can go up the side of Roganstown and access Rowelstown via the back roads and cut out the bit that's closed. That road is very narrow and it's difficult for two cars to pass in places so I can understand why they didn't use that as the official detour.

I would say the local residents and businesses are none too pleased. Does anyone know what they're doing? My son goes horse riding in Thornton and we live in Donabate so it's a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Does anyone know if this road is open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Yes - its open again. Drove it last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Yes, I heard it's open again with temporary traffic lights. I believe it's all prep work for the new prison.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's reopened since last week.

The work was to upgrade the sewage pipes to accomodate the new prison.

Advertisement