Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

voice recording on lap top

• 14-09-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi,
    How does this work? have added microphone to laptop, try to record but then unable to hear any recording even though the volume seems ok.
    what else do i need to do? Tell me I don;t need software!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

well, the mic may be mutted in the mixer, check sound settings ... did you plug it into right socket, mean microphone socket :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

What software are you using to do this? And what kind of microphone is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

If it's a headset (kinda like for skype) then you'll have an audio in and out. If it's just a mic then it'll be plugged in to the audio in (I know I didn't have to mention that but it is something I'd do!).

So when you've got it plugged in I'd recommend downloading Audacity (don't bother with the Microsoft voice recorder thingy. It's crap!).

When you open Audacity up the interface can seem a little daunting. Just go to file - new and ensure in the drop down that your mic is selected. Hit record and test a few times. There are sliders for input volume and output volume if you want to tinker with those.

If you want to read further about it,

here: http://www.guidesandtutorials.com/audacity-tutorial.html

and here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4422633_record-using-audacity.html

are good places to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Audacity for the win.. Great little program and it's free.. Make sure that you are plugging in to the pink 3.5mm port if the ports are colour coded... Also you might try the mic in another PC to make sure that it is working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭iceman7

Audacity for the win.. Great little program and it's free.. Make sure that you are plugging in to the pink 3.5mm port if the ports are colour coded... Also you might try the mic in another PC to make sure that it is working.
    how o how do i attatch links to to my texts,please help some one

• Advertisement

ohhh, c'mon, ppl ...to record sound from microphone is NO NEED TO INSTALL ANY EXTRA SOFTWARE... all Windows since Windows 98 has builit in own voice recorder :
    START> ACCESORIES > SOUND RECORDER ....simply :)

@iceman7: to add link into your post allyou need is copy whole internet address from internet browser (started with http:// ) and paste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

ohhh, c'mon, ppl ...to record sound from microphone is NO NEED TO INSTALL ANY EXTRA SOFTWARE... Windows since Windows 98 has builit in own voice recorder :
    START> ACCESORIES > SOUND RECORDER ....simply :)

Yes, I did mention that before. I also stated that it's VERY basic and terrible quality. :pac:

well, didn't see :) ... anyway own Windows recorder is good enough to record voice from built-in or external microphone :)

Advertisement