Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date ideas?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

First off sorry if this is done to death already, i done a search and just came up with first date ideas.

This is not a first or second date idea past that stage but im trying to think of something different from the norm and said id post in the ladies lounge to get a differant perspective.

I was thinking of tking her to the circus? Good or bad idea? Or does anyone have any suggestions? I jsut want something diff from the normal pub, meal kinda thing. But if not does anyone know a nice informal italian restauraunt? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Depends, she may not like the idea of animals being put on show, and a lot of circus animals are treated horrendously so if shes an animal lover that may be a disaster waiting to happen.

Why not cook something for her? find out a few of her favourite movies and what she likes to drink and get a bottle of that and some films she likes on dvd and have a night of chilling out instead of heading out, be a nice way to get to know each other and have a laugh instead of doing the standard food and pub thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I wouldnt think the circus would be the best thing, you dont know if the animals would bother her and they are a bit depressing, Even the zoo is a lot nicer than the circus. A play maybe? What does she like, a concert, a museum, a walk iin the park and lunch, its hard to say when I dont know what she is into

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Get the dart out to Hoth(on a nice day or evening) walk the pier, and have chips and a pint after. Sweet, cheap, romantic and easy all in one go. Though the dart may not be too much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Oops- meant Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ice skating is a bit of fun

or in the absence of an ice skating rink ...rollerblading/rollerskating (theres a place in tallaght that does it and its supposed to be fun)

if you have a bit of money a horse drawn carriage followed by a picnic in one of Dublins parks (prob stephens green)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I would hate the circus
    I would not like chips and a pint
    I think the zoo is a good idea
    Going to dinner somewhere different and sitting in bewleys after would be good with me, it's lovely when it's dark and they light the candles :)
    I would also think the theatre or NCH is a good idea but that may just be me :)
    Or go to powerscourt for the afternoon with a picnic? The waterfall part?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'd love to be taken to the circus! I don't like the idea of animals being mistreated- but all-human circuses are really, really good. See if there are any around.

I also love picnics and walks on the pier and fish and chips, but then again it's not me you're taking on a date, the lady in question mightn't like any of these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The zoo is good fun to go on a date. Go and do tourist stuff for a day, hop on hop off bus..guinness tour etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Id like to thank everyone whos responded so far, ive loved some the ideas but sadly anything involving a long walk or or over physical is outas she recently just got a cast taken off a broken ankle and still gets pains which sadly rules out a lot of them. But again thanks for the ideas and keep them coming.

Get the dart out to Hoth
    Yeah, just be careful of the wampas; they're lethal :p

On topic: The zoo is a good idea. I bagged my first real bf with that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, just be careful of the wampas; they're lethal :p

Its mighty cold this time of year too, wrap up if a Tauntaun to shelter in isnt readily available :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Try the Dublin Bus Ghost Bus Tour (excellent) or the new Fright Night Bus (havn't tried this yet but hear great things).

Both are out of the ordinary and the DBGB is sooo much fun and a good and different way to spend 2 hours. You also get out of the bus at two points for some up close ghostly tales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'd love to be taken to the circus or the zoo, and would absolutely hate being brought ice skating (if my OH is reading this, please take note! :D)

Other things that have been suggested in the past are horse riding (depends on the strength in her ankle, but if it's just a treck or something basic it should be ok), the Viking Splash Tour, Guinness Tour, Jameson Tour (make sure you put up your hand really quickly if they ask for volunteers! :D), the Dublin Eye (or whatever it's called).

There's also a literary pub crawl of Dublin, which starts at the Duke (usually Thur-Sat evenings at 7.30pm, I think).

If you drive you could also pop down to somewhere like Glendalough for a nice walk (as long or as short as you like).

I've read reviews on the Ghost Bus Tour and it's meant to be waaaay over-priced (28 euro for an adult!).

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

+1 on the viking splash tour! Would love that! There is a food/farmers market in DunLaoighaire on a Sunday - stroll down the pier shouldn't be too strenuous or could chill in a coffee shop overlooking the pier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

The fringe festival is on at the moment. i would love to be taken to see a play or something!
    Someone also mentioned the literary pub crawl, this is another thing I'd love to do, as well as the viking splash!
    What about the 40ft? Little bit of history and literary history. (although it could be windy and rainy!)
    What about the wax museum! There are scary parts (well I find them scary) that could be a nice cuddle moment!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

convert wrote: »
    I've read reviews on the Ghost Bus Tour and it's meant to be waaaay over-priced (28 euro for an adult!).

There's a 20% discount when you book online - making it around €22.50 per person.

There's a boards deal at the moment for the Fright bus where tickets work out at €14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭smallgarden

if hv own place, try karaoke night in,buy some cheap karaoke dvds,its great laugh with few drinks,something different

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The Point has a great market on Sundays- crafts, live music and delicious food. You could stroll around, have some lunch and go up on the big ferris wheel, it gives great views of the whole city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Since your location is South Dublin I've moved your thread here.

Sorry but the thread was against tLL's charter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Get the dart out to Hoth(on a nice day or evening) walk the pier, and have chips and a pint after. Sweet, cheap, romantic and easy all in one go. Though the dart may not be too much fun!

Maybe if he was a Starwars The Empire Strikes Back .
    Hoth: A bleak Icey snowbound planet.

Advertisement