Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with stray kitten.

Options
  • 14-09-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

A female black kitten has been coming into our yard to play with our cat for the last few weeks and we have been feeding it. Guessing from comparing her and my own cat I would say she is only five months old.

We thought the people in the house behind us owned it but yesterday it went missing which was strange as it always comes for food and to play. Today we could hear distressed meowing all day coming from the neighbors so I went over and asked if it could be somehow stuck in their shed.

Turns out its not their kitten either and it had been accidentaly locked in their shed for at least two days.

I feel so sorry for the little thing and will take it in if there is no other option but this couldn't have come at a worst time. We are about to inherit a relatives dog and are having enough trouble trying to get him used to the house and our own cat used to him.

She is wild but I have managed to pick her up a few times and I really think she would be very easy to tame. Is there anyone in the Laois area that rehomes/ rescues cats/wants a half wild but very cute kitten?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

poor kitty:( first of all you need to establish if the kitten is actually lost ie.may belong to another neighbour.
    Where in Laois are you? Is there a collar at all?

You could put a paper collar taped with sellotape saying "if this is your cat please phone 087xxx" that way if it goes home in next day or two you'll know if it's lost or just a wanderer!

If nothing comes of that and kitten is lost you could put up ads in local shops with description and maybe photo. Look in "lost&found" section of local papers too

Failing all that and you need to re-home this kitten there are a few different places you can try.

http://www.myspace.com/ashanimalrescue
    based in Portarlington 0596473396

Laois SPCA Eileen Kerry 087 6883333
    http://www.ispca.ie/found_animals.aspx
    You can fill out a "found animal" form and they'll post it on their site for few months

Other sites you can list on:
    http://www.lostandfound.ie/
    donedeal.ie advertise as "free to good home" (last resort though)

Just remember that you need to establish if the kitten is actually a stray before you do anything else...there may well be a little girl at home crying over her missing kitty:(

Fair play for taking the time and effort to look out for the poor little thing.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

hey any updates???

would love to hear if kitten was found by family/rehomed?

Advertisement