Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Laptop / TV in Kitchen

Options
  • 14-09-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Been using a tv for a few years now with no adverse effect from the boiling up of a stew or the bit of bacon during the winter when condensation can be quite severe at times.

Feel its not good practice though but are there any serious risks to equipment used from the dampness in the air.

I know to keep the window open and all that and prevent as much as possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Been using a tv for a few years now with no adverse effect from the boiling up of a stew or the bit of bacon during the winter when condensation can be quite severe at times.

Feel its not good practice though but are there any serious risks to equipment used from the dampness in the air.

I know to keep the window open and all that and prevent as much as possible.

As long as you can see the far end of the kitchen through the fog most of the time it should be fine id say, although if water is condensing noticibly on the items it probably would`t be great for them. I do it myself a lot in the winter especially with the stews,

Advertisement