Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent price

Options
  • 14-09-2010 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey we are selling our house and the Estate agent wants 200 eur for listing the property and then its 1.75% overall fee ... Is this average ? good? I not really sure ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I think it's expensive, the listing fee is ok but the % commission is too high, all auctioneers are struggling to shift property, there's lots of agents who'll be happy to take your business and be prepared to negotiate on fee. That said it's probably the first time in about 12 years that such people have had to really work for their money; but it's still relatively easy money for a not particularly skilled job. I think a 0.75- 1.00% fee is more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭troops

ginac2 wrote: »
    Hey we are selling our house and the Estate agent wants 200 eur for listing the property and then its 1.75% overall fee ... Is this average ? good? I not really sure ..

where you trying to sell?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

He wants €200 for listing it where, in his fecking window?

Estate Agents, some USELESS clowns there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ginac2

oh so i take it 200 euro is a bit much !! im in laois . maybe i should try negotiate , Anyone know what the right price would be ?

The price would be ZERO to list it, and they would ONLY qualify for anything if they manage to sell the property.
    The game is UP for estate agents a long time now.

• Advertisement

aghnaharna wrote: »
    hi i had someone also,i,m charged 200 euro plus 42 euro vat and 1.75 per cent,i think 1.75 percent is expensive

more fool you......:eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

The €200 is to get listed on websites which cost money. Myhome is expewnsive for a listing and Daft requires multiple placements to keep in current\closer to top of listings.

The % you pay for them selling the house varies. Shop around and choose the auctioneer that suits you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I'd second Kikel on this, nobody can afford to work for nothing, the listing fee is a given I think, but the % is certainly negotiable.

Advertisement