Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harsh car clamping first day back.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 karpo

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that NCPS are on commision? Only place I could find anything about it online was an unconfirmed line in the Leinster Leader from 2009...

From this http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/clamping-practices-exposed-2178465.html. An ex employee "exposed" what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 karpo

Dudess wrote: »
    Generally speaking, don't park where you're not supposed to park - then you won't get clamped. And don't bully people doing their job - take your anger out on yourself, seeing as it's ultimately your fault for putting yourself in the situation, not the clamper's fault.

When did anyone say they "bullied" someone doing their job? Read what people are saying before coming to over dramatic conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

In the 'good old days' everyone used to cycle or bus it to UCD. I remember fleets of bikes going in the gates a few years back. You lads have gotten plain lazy. Hoorah for the feisty clampers - champions of healthy habits!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

graduate wrote: »
    The plonker who started a third row, thereby blocking people in the middle, in the car park at the new law school deserves to be clamped.

And if he was clamped, what little hope of him moving his car to let them out would vanish no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

duckysauce wrote: »
    the op says it was a carpark ?

Have you any idea of parking arrangements in UCD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

karpo wrote: »

NCPS are operating on behalf of UCD in the college, so ultimately UCD call the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

I am looking for a map that will show what car parks are free and what ones are pay parking. I have a map outlining carparks but I still can't tell which ones are free. Anybody have a link to one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

I am looking for a map that will show what car parks are free and what ones are pay parking. I have a map outlining carparks but I still can't tell which ones are free. Anybody have a link to one?

I don't have a link but there's a pay and display car park just behind the bus stop that is tiny, also if you come in the Stillorgan entrance, turn left and take the right after the pedestrian car park there's a pay and display one behind the free one.

The issue I have with the parking is the state of the surface. I don't think it's fair to expect people to run the risk of puncturing their tyres. They ain't cheap!!

As far as the people starting the third row, let me just say....you selfish ignorant b*stards. I have my timetable mapped out perfectly so that I can get home in the middle of the day to my family and it's people like you, only thinking about yourselves that make me late. I don't care if your hair will get wet or you're wearing ridiculous footwear that either hinders your forward momentum or is just not suitable for outdoors. Get some courtesy and start thinking of others.

Ps, whoever put the note on the black Golf today....fair play!!

Advertisement