Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up home to take care of elderly relative in her own home

Options
  • 14-09-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have been taking care of my mum-in-law for a while now. She was diagnosed with 2 types of cancer and has completed her chemo. She is recovering in a respite centre and wants to go home. The problem is that here is no heating in the house. She has applied for the heating grant which might take a while. We have been asked to take her home and care for her. She wants to be at her own house. We are wanting to move into her house, but we are not sure if we can do so if she initially applied for the heating grant as a person living on her own.
    My question is: Would us moving into her house before the heating is installed cause her application to be rejected or retracted? I am her carer and we don't want her to lose any benefits.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

she is supposed to be living alone,from what i know, if you make her home your full time home, then she will not be living alone. you are related also which means family living there,

Advertisement