Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legitimate Radiohead Concert dvd download question...

Options
  • 14-09-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Howdee all,

Not sure if any of you came across the Prague dvd available for download on this site:

http://radiohead-prague.nataly.fr/Download.html

I have never downloaded a dvd before in this format. Anyone any hints as to which one to download? I'd be happy enough to just watch it on the computer, doesn't have to be really burned on to dvd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Personally I would go with the AVI and play it through VLC Media Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

If you want to transfer the movie to a dvd disc then go with the PAL torrent as it'll give the best quality.

If you want to watch on your PC then go with the AVI. But... if you are only going to watch on PC, it's prolly available in HD on youtube already??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

download the AVI file , you'll be grand. If you want to convert it to DVD at a later stage use a program like ConvertXtoDVD .. that pretty much converts anything to DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

RayCon wrote: »
    download the AVI file , you'll be grand. If you want to convert it to DVD at a later stage use a program like ConvertXtoDVD .. that pretty much converts anything to DVD

+1, on the .avi file.

You can convert it, or you can pick up a DivX compatible DVD player. Just burn the .avi straight to the disk and it'll play. No conversion necessary. (Although ConvertXtoDVD is a great application!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cool. I'll go for the AVI. The camera work is shakey, as it's all from the crowd, but Radiohead provided the masters for the sound, so the sound ain't bad at all. I'll wait until they ever manage to release an official dvd, with better camera quality (no shaking!) and save it for the tv...

Update: I can't seem to extract the file, I am getting this error message:

"you need to have the following volume to continue extraction: RADIOHEAD LIVE IN PRAHA 8.23.09.avi.part2.rar"

Not sure what I have to do....

Stupid question,but do I need to download the 3 files here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=F2QTK92Z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Yeah you'll need to get all 3 parts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

seachto7 wrote: »
    Radiohead provided the masters for the sound, so the sound ain't bad at all. I'll wait until they ever manage to release an official dvd, with better camera quality (no shaking!) and save it for the tv...
    The sound will depend on the compression and encoding used to create the avi. Avi's are usually heavily compressed (hence, smaller) and this causes loss of quality in sound and picture. The smaller the file.. the lower the quality.

As the film is a montage of audience recorded clips you are unlikely to get a 'non shaky' version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

...as in , if they get around to releasing their own concert dvd, they will use mounted cameras etc. This one would give you a headache in places....but I'd like a live concert of their last tour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zahnfee

hi,

maybe you can help me. i've just downloaded the pal files of the concert, extracted all with winrar into one folder and burnt them on a double layer. in great anticipation i put it into player, leaned back and shock -> only shaking pictures and NO SOUND!
    when i opened and unpacked the files, every audio_ts was empty. i downloaded them from megaupload.

can you help me please and give me some advice. i'd really like to have the dvd to just remember this great day my boyfriend and me had in prague.

Advertisement