Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord not declaring his income?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

doudou wrote: »
    He doesnt claim the income here and droped the rent when i found out that I am not entitle for a tax relief.
    Tigger wrote: »
    he dropped the rent when yer man said he wasn't claiming tax relief
    i doubt that that happend with no discussion

he knew the guy was not declaring the tax its in the title

I agree with your dislike of tax evasion. However, my impression is that the OP meant that (for some reason) he wasn't entitled to Rent Relief (a tenant's "tax relief") and he believed that's why the landlord dropped the rent.

I could be wrong (and I'm not sure what the OP means by "claiming his income") but I think this rule regarding tenants being responsible for with-holding tax from foreign based landlords would never have dawned on the majority of tenants and is a relatively new issue in that prior to the "the boom" most landlords would have been based in Ireland ... certainly no-one I know was aware of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

he knew that the land lord wasn't declaring the income from rental or if he didn't he is very innocent

i have issue that he only cared when he had to claim sw

i agree that many renters that are renting illegally/unoficially are open to rules that they would have been made aware of if renting properly

three times today i've told people i dont do cash prices

Advertisement