Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ceiling paint in bathroom

• 14-09-2010 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭

Can I just use normal emulsion for the ceiling in a bathroom or should I use something more water resistant? (fully tiled bathroom).

Also, does anyone know where I can get some cheap/cheapish magnolia or similar colour in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Can I just use normal emulsion for the ceiling in a bathroom or should I use something more water resistant? (fully tiled bathroom).

Also, does anyone know where I can get some cheap/cheapish magnolia or similar colour in Dublin?

You can buy a "kitchen and bathroom" emulsion apparently it has better resistance, however ive never bothered with this marketing gimmick, use a regular vinyl matt of soft sheen, good quality, dulux or crown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

MRCB do what seems to be a very good (though expensive) one.

It all depends on how well your bathroom ventilates and how big it is. If it is pretty big and ventilates really well, you are unlikely to have a problem.

Bathroom paint is not a substitute for having a bathroom fan though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

snyper wrote: »
    You can buy a "kitchen and bathroom" emulsion apparently it has better resistance, however ive never bothered with this marketing gimmick, use a regular vinyl matt of soft sheen, good quality, dulux or crown

Yes you can buy this. The difference is it has a fungacide in it to prevent mould growth. However if your not useing the bathroom celing fan when showering it will not make much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

goslins, cheapest magnolia in the city

Advertisement