Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to report Mod?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

I am unhappy with a mods decision to edit a thread, ie deleted posts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055983745&page=2

Originally post 30 made a reference to a specific poster, it seems this has been edited, I felt this was unfair and then a follow up post by me has been deleted, I think other posts have been deleted too.
    They have not acted in an impartial manner.

Individuals are concerned about the issues in the post and from what I can see this mod has stormed in and enforced their own opinion? which is in line with one side of posters.
    It seems unreasonable, is this allowed and how can it be reported? or who looks into it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Merch wrote: »
    I am unhappy with a mods decision to edit a thread, ie deleted posts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055983745&page=2

Originally post 30 made a reference to a specific poster, it seems this has been edited, I felt this was unfair and then a follow up post by me has been deleted, I think other posts have been deleted too.
    They have not acted in an impartial manner.

Individuals are concerned about the issues in the post and from what I can see this mod has stormed in and enforced their own opinion? which is in line with one side of posters.
    It seems unreasonable, is this allowed and how can it be reported? or who looks into it?

Against my better judgment I'm going to respond to this. Post 30 hasn't been edited at all, it's the original post. I didn't reference anyone in that post although as moderator I'm well within my rights too. I haven't deleted any posts, although again as moderator I have the right too if they should need to be. I rarely do this however.

So what's happening here is that an argument started, I basically stepped in to make sure everybody is staying in line, and some people aren't happy with that. Merch and Conor74 in particular. Maybe they feel they have the moral high ground are something?

Doesn't matter.

Rules is rules is rules. No name calling, no personal abuse, no threats of violence. The reason I'm highlighting these three issues is because there the issues I've been dealing with around this particular topic of discussion.

The rules aren't unique to Outdoor Pursuits, there the same rules across this site. As moderator it is my job to enforce those rules. Here is the thread that started this current spat. If you read it you'll see that there is a good chance I'm going to have to step in again - hence my preempting the issue with a forum announcement and a firm reminder of the rules.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from the Help Desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Against my better judgment I'm going to respond to this. Post 30 hasn't been edited at all, it's the original post. I didn't reference anyone in that post although as moderator I'm well within my rights too. I haven't deleted any posts, although again as moderator I have the right too if they should need to be. I rarely do this however.

So what's happening here is that an argument started, I basically stepped in to make sure everybody is staying in line, and some people aren't happy with that. Merch and Conor74 in particular. Maybe they feel they have the moral high ground are something?

Doesn't matter.

Rules is rules is rules. No name calling, no personal abuse, no threats of violence. The reason I'm highlighting these three issues is because there the issues I've been dealing with around this particular topic of discussion.

The rules aren't unique to Outdoor Pursuits, there the same rules across this site. As moderator it is my job to enforce those rules. Here is the thread that started this current spat. If you read it you'll see that there is a good chance I'm going to have to step in again - hence my preempting the issue with a forum announcement and a firm reminder of the rules.

I replied to that thread last night it was there, now it is gone, likewise a post by another person was removed?

There was no personal abuse, name calling threats etc as you say in either of those posts as far as I could tell but they are gone??

There are no deleted posts on that thread. Some posts were split out to this thread.

Okay, I think I know what's happened. Those posts were split out into another thread as Conor74 requested. You'll find them here.
    There was no personal abuse, name calling threats etc as you say in either of those posts ...

I never said there was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Okay, I wasn't aware posts had been moved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the removal of what were effectively off topic posts is a non issue for me. A comment to explain the actions and act as a marker for other posters to see what would have happened would have been ideal - but mods are busy volunteers and this can't always happen.

uberwolf wrote: »
    the removal of what were effectively off topic posts is a non issue for me. A comment to explain the actions and act as a marker for other posters to see what would have happened would have been ideal - but mods are busy volunteers and this can't always happen.

Yeah, that's what I should have done alright. I'll know next time.

Marking this one "resolved", so. Thanks all for the input.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement