Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom 404 redirect but old links call admin content

Options
  • 14-09-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

...yeah as it says.:(

I had a document management component create a bunch of links for content I was using that was located inside the admin folder (I was silly yes).
    putting
    <?php
    header("Location: http://mydomain.com");
    exit;
    ?>

inside the header of error.php only works when LoL > I am logged in!

Which is far from what I need as I can't stay up all night long letting people in.

Does anyone have a work around suggestion for me please? I am such a ruddy n00b I know. sorry.:p

As these old links are turning up in Google or wherever they will call protected content thus the login command is triggered...how am I going to get around this?

Please HELP ME!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If it's on Linux create a mod_rewrite rule in a .htaccess to redirect them all

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

Mod_rewrite is not Operating System based. It's a module for apache, which runs on Linux, Windows and Mac.

But yes, use mod_rewrite in your .htaccess to do a proper redirect. There are loads of tutorials on the net about it. Click me

Advertisement