Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best weather for snorkelling??

• 14-09-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

might sound silly but is it best to have a calm day for snorkelling?? today it was so rough we couldnt get near the usual rocks so went somewhere else and couldn't see a thing. i say visibility was about 5-10cms:o dunno if its sand that makes it so murky??does it depend on the weather at all? i know there is a gale warning so didn't really expect to get in:( but went for a look anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Best off going when it hasn't rained in a few days (runoff from land makes the water murky). Other than that a calm day is handy (no sand stirred up etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Hi Bread for comfort a calm day with a small swell is best but the vis can depend on rain run off near the shore or plankton in the water. Its not just sand being churned up but at least you get some exercise if its bad vis. Depends where you are in mayo but there are so many islands in clew bay you should be able to find a calm spot in the lee of some of them somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

ha ha few days without rain over here is unheard of!! didn't realise it was caused by run off from the land either so if you go out farther it might be better would it? oh i agree with the bit of exercise its great to get out anytime:)

Advertisement