Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lads, why all the thread starting

Options
  • 14-09-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Why do we need to start new threads all the time lads. There is already a champions league thread, there is a match thread and there is even a van der vaart thread. It makes the exsisting threads better if we just post in the relevent thread. I am sure the guys who moderate here would be happy if we just posted in the relevant thread.

And please dont be smart by pointing out that I've started a thread about starting threads lol.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

kakee wrote: »
    Why do we need to start new threads all the time lads. There is already a champions league thread, there is a match thread and there is even a van der vaart thread. It makes the exsisting threads better if we just post in the relevent thread. I am sure the guys who moderate here would be happy if we just posted in the relevant thread.

And please dont be smart by pointing out that I've started a thread about starting threads lol.:rolleyes:

Bang On, far too many. Keep it all in the one from now on. Reckless mentioned it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

And from this point forth, this thread must be used (or re-used) for pointing out when too many threads have been started

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

This is a serious point.

The best way for discussion to take place is if everybody participates in the same thread, that way you get more people reading your posts as opposed to everybody starting their own thread that nobody reads.

I'm not a fan of multiple threads on similar topics, I've seen it on other forums and it looks and feels horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Is there really need for two Van der Vaart threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

On the other forums Mods will merge threads as necessary..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

slegs wrote: »

And this is always done accordingly if you took the time to look back over time.

therecklessone was simply making a point as the Senior Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

slegs wrote: »

they are volenteering their time to make this as easy and user friendly as possible and if we all pull together it makes their job easier for us all to read one thread instead of 3.

Advertisement