Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work, rest & PLAY!

• 14-09-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

To my shame, I've only just gotten around to connecting my year old PS3 to the net. I did do a bit of on-line gaming with the 360, but got pissed off getting sniped by little runts, laughing at me down the headset!! :D

Anyway, thought it might be an idea to see if any of ye are gaming guru's and if we can get a clan together???

Personally, I'm fairly rubbish! Mainly due to a lack of enthusiasm, and game time, but I'd be happy to be the canon fodder for a while, to see if I can improve my survival rate! It would help greatly, if I was playing against other rubbish players! :cool:

The PS3 is hooked up atm, and the 360 is upstairs in a box, hasn't been switched on in ages (still think it's using the old dashboard layout!)
    I've been playing MW2 for the last few months, it's fantastic!

I'm strongly tempted to dust off the 360 for the new F1 Sim, due out soon, and also I'm a big Halo fan, but haven't played it in over two years!

So, who's a gamer, what platform, and what games do you play/are playing?
    What games do you recommend for on-line.

There's bound to be enough gamers out there to have an LYIT league???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I do fairly well at Super Smash Bros on the Gamecube :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

That's class! :D
    Have to admit, I just can't shake my original xbox! There's 9 of the little feckers in my house! Went through a stage of buying up original xboxs & games, for silly money, as no-one wanted them! Still a great system for multi-link!

Edit: still have a PS1 as well, hard to beat the original MGS for entertainment! Easy, but fun.

Opened up the Playstation Home - when did that start!?
    Second-Life wanna'be?
    Those things freak me out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭travelguru

Very Good at it

mrmac wrote: »
    That's class! :D
    Have to admit, I just can't shake my original xbox! There's 9 of the little feckers in my house! Went through a stage of buying up original xboxs & games, for silly money, as no-one wanted them! Still a great system for multi-link!

With a little hacking and a bigger hard drive, they make great entertainment centres.

TPD wrote: »
    With a little hacking and a bigger hard drive, they make great entertainment centres.

/cough, cough

... I wouldn't know anything about that, officer!

/cough, cough!

• Advertisement

I do fairly well at Super Smash Bros on the Gamecube :P

Did you try this on the Wii?
    I had it for awhile, but sold it on. Not a bad game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

There was a Gaming Club at college last year wasnt there?

I've got a 360, got xbox live for the moment but my connection is very dodgy so far so might just cancel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Yup there was indeed. I know the lad who was in charge of it. Will ask him tomorrow if he or anyone else is carrying it on this year and get back to ya :)

/cough, cough

... I wouldn't know anything about that, officer!

/cough, cough!

:P Pretty sure it's all above board. Just installing some custom firmware onto it.
    Did you try this on the Wii?
    I had it for awhile, but sold it on. Not a bad game.

I did, prefer the gamecube one though. More fast paced and better balance, none of the stupidly powerful special moves or items. Only problem is, my gamecube pads are all worn out from many a drunken tournament.

I might have a spare gamecube pad, somewhere!
    I'll have a look.
    I think it was a wireless one, and I kept it to use on the Wii - needless to say, once I got rid of SSB, I haven't used it since!

/don't hold yer breath, but I will have a look!

• Advertisement

:P cheers for the offer, I'm sure theres a useable one floating about Buncrana somewhere though. I just wish nintendo would rerelease gamecube pads, rather than those classic controllers.

:P Pretty sure it's all above board. Just installing some custom firmware onto it.

Might have a slight issue with the 500gb HDD that's at bursting point!

Brilliant piece of kit, especially when you can pick 'em up for €10!
    Getting hard to find now though.

I'm still looking for a green Halo edition, original xbox, if you ever see one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

sorry guys, if ye want to talk about gaming or modding console's then please go to the gaming and modding forums.

Where do we find out about what clubs and societies are available?
    How do you go about setting up your own club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

you can speak to the students union (upstairs in the danlann) about setting up your own club otherwise most of the clubs have a table on the main corridor on clubs and society's day which will be soon enough id say and you can sign up to whatever you want

Is there a list of clubs somewhere?
    Interested in photography, but I heard there isn't a club set up for that? :(

Is there a list of clubs somewhere?
    Interested in photography, but I heard there isn't a club set up for that? :(

not a list as such but the girl in the student union reception will be able to tell you straight off whether there is or not. im sure if there isnt its one that would be a runner.

im almost sure i seen a photography club last year... well maybe, its hard to remember!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Just an update there will definitely be a gaming club this year was chatting to the lad in charge. He is hoping to have something organised for next week. :)

I'd be interested in a photography club too. May see if I can convince a friend with a car to become interested as well...

I'd be interested in a photography club too. May see if I can convince a friend with a car to become interested as well...

deffo go and chat the students union about it! im sure there are others who will be interested too if it doesnt already exist.

• Advertisement

I was over in the "watyamacallit" building today, for our first "Student Developement" class! :)
    Handy gym, and a pool table!
    I ask the woman at the SU desk about a photography club, and she said there isn't one, and then launched into a big sell about setting one up!

Bit too much for me, being a lowly first year an' all, but willing to join if someone else wants to do set this up?

I'm too busy being a fourth year, or some other excuse :P

Nah, but I don't know if I'd even be able to attend if one were set up. If it falls through, we could have a weekly/fortnightly 'photo challenge' type thing here. IE a style or technique in photography is decided on, everyone has two weeks to take as good a picture as they can of that 'thing'.

Got a lyit email this afternoon about the Games Society.
    I'm guessing this is for Computer/Console games, and not Ludo? :D

I think there was a tabletop game subgroup last year. Haven't a clue how popular that was though :P

So, if I go along to this society next week, what's the story?
    What exactly happens, and will I be able to find some geek freak sad'o no-life genius who'd complete the obstacle course in MW2 for me, so I can get my last freakin' gold medal!!!???

/gotta get that platinum somehow!

Your guess is as good as mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Never been to it either but from my experience of other clubs you'll just meet up with everyone wherever they decide to meet and you'll probably have matches against each other or whatever. Pretty sure you'd find someone for COD, wouldnt mind witnessing someone do a decent job of the course myself, terrible at it:p

Advertisement