Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting prints online

• 14-09-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have never used an online printing service and there is a huge difference in price, as expected, so can anyone recommend any of the following or have any experience to report of any of these companies. (The price is for 30 x , 8"x12" prints including postage as far as I can figure out from each website)

Aldi - €18.49
    ie.foto - €20.00
    snapfish - €29.65
    bonusprint - €32.20
    photobox - €54.99

Thanks i advance

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

I've found the quality and customer service from Photobox.ie to be excellent. I'd be interested to hear feedback on the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Ive been thinking about getting some prints done from somewhere online, it would be great to hear about the difference in quality of a few places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I've got 8 x 12s from Aldi and Photobox and quality was good from both. Aldi prices are the best you're gonna get I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

i use photobox quite a bit, but seeing that they seem to be the most expnsive. In saying that they are really good quality and you never wait more then a day or two for them to arive and its a handy site to use but i may try the others after seeing that price list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

hmnnn.... it was a while ago that I used Bonusprint. They were cheap but I found issues in terms of their colour rendition. I haven't really used them since and it was a while ago. Snapfish were cheap and reasonably good quality in my experience.

8 X 12's could cost you up to €5.50 / €6 each if you wanted top notch printing.

Why don't you try one with each of the vendors and judge the resulting quality - i'd imagine there will be a marked difference if you were to lay them out on a table, then pick the best. As with anything the best won't necessarily be the most expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Why don't you try one with each of the vendors and judge the resulting quality - i'd imagine there will be a marked difference if you were to lay them out on a table, then pick the best. As with anything the best won't necessarily be the most expensive.

I actually did this a few years ago when I settled on photobox. I basically took advantage of all their sign up offers to get the same 20 or 30 or whatever 6x4s printed out from about 4 or 5 online places. Photobox trumped all the rest at the time. Even then they were a little more expensive but quality wise they were the best I tried. Some of the others hyped up the saturation and sharpening on the submitted images and then got defensive and aggresive when I asked them had they altered the images prior to printing etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

+1 for photobox, great quality and service.

Advertisement