Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'real' dreams

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone has come across anything like this or has any idea what might be going on here:

I've never had recurring dreams before, but the past few months I've had a very similar dream about six times. It's difficult to explain, but I'm dreaming that Im asleep in my bed (which I obviously am) and that the doorbell goes in the middle of the night. The sound of the doorbell in the dream wakes me up, and I usually wake up rushing to the door. In the dream, I always know who's at the door and it's always friends/family, and when I get to the door (now awake) Im always surprised to find that they're not there. It takes me a few moments to cop on to the fact that it was a dream, and Ive even gone outside the house to see where the person has gone.

I never know why the person is coming to the house in the middle of the night, but it's never scary, it's just more of an inconvenience that I have to get up to answer the door. I've even gone so far as to wake up my boyfriend once or twice and asked him to answer the door if I'm not fully sure who's there. Ive also text a friend the next day to make sure it was a dream and that they weren't at my house at 4am!

Any thoughts appreciated,
    Thanks x

Advertisement