Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New post notification icon

Options
  • 15-09-2010 2:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been using the boards.ie beta skin for a while now, and fair play to whoever designed it, its great.

However in the last while, my icon on the top right of the screen has been constantly flashing red and saying I have one new post, when I have none at all (and 2 new when I have 1 etc.)

Obviously, its not a major problem, just kind of annoying, as I no longer get that rush of excitement when I see my little icon flash red! :P

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know, and see if you knew what was going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The nature of beta means that some things are going to be broken I'm afraid.

However, just to check, if you switch back to one of the regular skins, does it report 0 notifications on the top right of the screen while the beta skin reports 1?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

As far as I can see, the other skins don't have the post notification thingy up in the top right.

Anyway, its not the biggest problem in the world :) I just thought I'd ask here in case it was something that was normal and had a simple enough solution.

Advertisement