Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo Reach Online: Improvements? Pro's and Con's

Options
  • 15-09-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭

K so im a pretty big Halo fan.... Of 1,2 and 3 that is. Could never get into ODST. Only began playing Reach today and for the most part enjoyed it. However i did notice a few changes which i feel could be a bit of a talkin point.

The New Controls don't bother me in the slightest, few online matches and im happy.

One thing that botheres me specifically is the melee, it seems to have been weakend to the point that my main style of killing in the previous Halo's has been rendered useless. Any one else find this?

Also i was playing on a standard def TV and while the game still looked great i found it very difficult to see opposing players in the distance which would usually lead to frustration followed by that all too familiar countdown.

Just my opinion from lets say 20 online matches.... Anyone else any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'd probably get a better response in the Halo forum.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=854

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

One thing that botheres me specifically is the melee, it seems to have been weakend to the point that my main style of killing in the previous Halo's has been rendered useless. Any one else find this?

definately agree on this. in halo 3 a melee would take off the shield and a headshot would do the job to get the kill. now the melee seems to do sweet feck all.

At first i loved the option to choose from three game variants instead of the previous Veto option. Seemed much better to have a choice of what you want to play rather than not like the first option, and be stuck with whatever they give you instead.

The new vote system works much better, EXCEPT for anytime that Snipers or SWAT are given as options. From my experience these will get nearly all the votes every single time. And dont get me wrong, i love SWAT but it gets a bit annoying playing 5 in a row when all you want is slayer. Maybe they should break up the matchmaking gametypes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

maximoose wrote: »
    definately agree on this. in halo 3 a melee would take off the shield and a headshot would do the job to get the kill. now the melee seems to do sweet feck all.
    See most people would call that overpowered or "imbalanced". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

The new vote system works much better, EXCEPT for anytime that Snipers or SWAT are given as options. From my experience these will get nearly all the votes every single time. And dont get me wrong, i love SWAT but it gets a bit annoying playing 5 in a row when all you want is slayer. Maybe they should break up the matchmaking gametypes again.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried playing around with which playlist the matchmaking chooses from? Set it to not include SWAT, or to search solely for Slayer games?

Haven't looked at it too closely yet, but it should be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The way the voting works is severely flawed in the way that in a given night, if I play ten Slayer games, at least half are Swat or Snipers - I just want to play straight up Slayer! It gets old fast. It's probably the only negative I'd say about Reach.

Didn't notice the Melee - haven't noticed any difference myself (though I tend to do the reverse, headshot then melee).

• Advertisement
Advertisement