Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS

Options
  • 15-09-2010 8:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

for a workstation and lcd screen

what size do i need to specify to:

1.just backup data and shut down safely

2.keep pc running for 30-60 mins

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

M cebee wrote: »
    for a workstation and lcd screen

what size do i need to specify to:

1.just backup data and shut down safely

2.keep pc running for 30-60 mins

thanks

The longer the better. option number 2 is what i would do anyway. If there`s a power cut you would not want to have to rush to have pc safely shut down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

it may be automated save/shutdown on some of these

not too sure

it may be automated save/shutdown on some of these

not too sure

If it is then the first option would work then, is there much cost difference?

i dunno thats why i'm asking:D

i dunno thats why i'm asking:D

I see. I actually thought the smallest ones covered for about a half hour for 1 pc anyway. Thats for a home setup. An office full of pc`s is a bit bigger a setup of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

it depends on the model and quality as we all know, some units will last about 70 min for 1000VA, others will last 80 min for 1500VA, and you'd get them with a USB port , and software for auto safe shutdown. So you could measure the running consumption on your screen and PC and work it from that. Some people when they add up the total UPS loads for a PC and screen would allow about 3 amps. So approx 800 VA but you could check for yourself if its just for your own units.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Here you go...
    It's the APC sizer.
    http://www.apc.com/tools/ups_selector/index.cfm

thanks

Advertisement