Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September pub meetup - Which days suit you?

Options
  • 15-09-2010 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Ok so please pick which days you think you will be free from the poll shown above.

You have at least a week until the first possible date so no excuses for not being free, if you have something on I recommend cancelling it :D

Edit - We can finalise the venue / time closer to the date. If anyone has any venue preferences please post them. Cheers! :) Oh and if anyone needs a phone number for the meetup send me a private message.

Which dates will you be free? 56 votes

Thu 23rd Sept
    0%
    Fri 24th Sept
    8%
    deRangedcorkcompcolblimpbrainyneuronryano77 5 votes
    Sat 25th Sept
    23%
    Webmonkeypanda100corkcompsleepyescapadecolblimpkingtutbrainyneuronLenaClairesesnaJohnMearsheimerryano77stillwater123Clobo 13 votes
    Sun 26th Sept
    30%
    BlitzkriegerdeRangedFaithWebmonkeypanda100sleepyescapadewispymanCadybookingtutOutkast_IREkartLenaClaireJohnMearsheimerrebellestevexo[Deleted User]ryano77 17 votes
    Mon 27th Sept
    10%
    deRangedFaithcolblimpkingtutbrainyneuronryano77 6 votes
    Tue 28th Sept
    3%
    deRangedbrainyneuron 2 votes
    Wed 29th Sept
    7%
    deRangedFaithkingtutbrainyneuron 4 votes
    Thu 30th Sept
    10%
    deRangedFaithFunsterdeluxsleepyescapadekingtutbrainyneuron 6 votes
    I want to go but on a different date (in which case please post the date!)
    5%
    colblimpbrainyneuronryano77 3 votes
    I'm not free any of those days.
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Sun 26th Sept
    Beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thu 30th Sept
    jujibee wrote: »
    Beer!

Damn you spotted my ninja poll :D

Ok so one vote for beer! I choose buckets of beer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Sun 26th Sept
    Yeah 25th looking good!

I'll be leaving Cork that day so I wouldn't mind meeting all of you before I go!! It can be my leaving party maybe! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Sun 26th Sept
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah 25th looking good!

I'll be leaving Cork that day so I wouldn't mind meeting all of you before I go!! It can be my leaving party maybe! :D

Where you going webbers??:(

Sun 26th Sept
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    Where you going webbers??:(
    Dublin :( - I found my dream job up there so I have to go I'm afraid! :(

I'm gong to miss ye a lot but I'll be down many weekends for outings don't worry. I'll bring steve with me too haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Sat 25th Sept
    I just caused a tie breaker by voting for the 24th:D:P Im free anytime except the 25th.. have engagement party that night but if this gets organised on 25th I'll still be there, ill have to do half a night each place:cool::D

posting over on main Sep meetup now too

I'm gong to miss ye a lot but I'll be down many weekends for outings don't worry. I'll bring steve with me too haha!

Best of luck with that :)
    I'll miss seeing your ZS about :pac:

Sun 26th Sept
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Best of luck with that :)
    I'll miss seeing your ZS about :pac:
    Thanks!

ha ha you stalker. I'm actually getting quite a few calls about possible buyers. But I don't want to let it go I don't think and I'm not ready to buy a new car just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Sun 26th Sept
    voted for sat 25th that probably suits me best , so whats the story with the meetups is it usually just a pissup or just a few drinks ??

Sun 26th Sept
    voted for sat 25th that probably suits me best , so whats the story with the meetups is it usually just a pissup or just a few drinks ??

Well always seems to be a piss up for me! :D:D
    But if you just want a few yourself then so be it. Good craic though!!

• Advertisement

Sun 26th Sept

Sorry for 2 posts in a row!!!

Ah no, they are robbing everyone off us;):p
    Well best of luck and you better come back for visits, Steve hasnt yet:(

Thu 30th Sept

Not all of our meetups involve going to the pub however this one does as a few people expressed interest in going to a meetup and felt that a few drinks was the event they would like the most.

Whether it is a piss up / few drinks is entirely up to the individual. Drink as much or as little as you wish, even nothing at all if that is your preference (just remember that I often bring a camera and drunk people may be a target for photos ha ha).

Thu 30th Sept
    Just bumping this to keep it fresh in everyone's minds!!

Sat 25th is the most popular date so far with 10 votes! If you have not voted then please do so. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelle

Sun 26th Sept
    Hi,

I've never gone to a boards meet up so I'd like to make this one!

Sun 26th Sept
    rebelle wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi ya, it would be great if you can make this, at the moment it looks like sat night, and if it is pm me or someone else for their numbers.:D

Thu 30th Sept
    Anyone else interested in going who has not voted yet? The more the merrier. :)
    rebelle wrote: »
    Hi,

Hiya hopefully you can make it! New people are always welcome! If you need a contact number feel free to send me a private message.

Thu 30th Sept
    Ok so with 14 votes it looks like this Saturday night is the winning date! Anyone else interested in going?

If you have a particular venue that you would like to start the night at please post it.

Personally, I like the old oak, the brog, soho and the crane lane but I'll go just about anywhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Clobo

Sat 25th Sept
    i dont know cork very well at all though...not sure how i'd find the pub...any one heading to the pavilion on friday night??

Thu 30th Sept
    Clobo wrote: »
    i dont know cork very well at all though...not sure how i'd find the pub...any one heading to the pavilion on friday night??

Usually when a starting venue is decided we post a pic of the location from google maps and I always post saying that if someone needs a number send me a private message (so I can meet them beforehand or at the door if they wish).

So if you need a number just ask :) (same applies to anyone else who needs one)

Thu 30th Sept
    According to facebook there are 2 more people coming along on Saturday night who as of yet have not voted in the poll (they are Ainu and imageworks).

That makes 16 people so far! YAY :D

• Advertisement

Sun 26th Sept
    If its a vote on place to drink i vote Crane lane , i likes my tiger beer to start off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Sun 26th Sept
    Il definately pop along,really looking forward to it :)

Sun 26th Sept
    Dont really mind where we go, as long as it is not the Brog, or the Bailey. If ye go there, Ill meet up with ye before or afterwards!
    But one way or another we need to choose a side of town, or else we will be wasting valuable drinking time;):D

Sat 25th Sept
    I'll go anywhere if im out .. im surprised at the comment about the bailey cadyboo :confused::p

Sun 26th Sept
    I wouldn't be a fan of the Bailey myself. Always over crowded!

Sat 25th Sept
    I wouldn't be a fan of the Bailey myself. Always over crowded!

yeah, but we nearly sure to get in no matter how messey we are.. long as cadyboo with us:pac:

Sun 26th Sept
    Is it possible to do a vote ?

Sun 26th Sept
    ha yeah. Ah I'd go anywhere really. I doubt I'll be drinking much though :(

Sat 25th Sept
    oh dear god not another poll. my head hurts!

• Advertisement

Sun 26th Sept
    corkcomp wrote: »
    I'll go anywhere if im out .. im surprised at the comment about the bailey cadyboo :confused::p

Just sick of it, always in there. :o There are the new bars, the thomond, grafton and door 51 for a change, woodford has re opened, also havent been to the new club society.
    Soho??
    Anyone actually want to go to a club?
    Or we could go back to that comedy thing on Mc Curtain St.

Sure fire away ideas!!!!

Advertisement