Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September pub meetup - Which days suit you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thu 30th Sept
    Ok lets make this official.

Beers are as follows:

Saturday 25th September.
    CRANE LANE @ 8.30pm

We will start in the Crane Lane and see what happens from there.

If anyone needs a contact number send me a private message. If you are new I would not recommend turning up without having a contact number unless you want to ask random strangers if they are from the internet :D ...it has happened in the past :P

COME ON THE BEERS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Sun 26th Sept
    Ya im on boards a while and always thought of goin but the idea of meeting strangers a few times seemed a bit daunting but i said feck it , its only hard the first time from then on you will know people at other meetups.

Sure I was the same, my first meet up was bowling. I drove so I could get away if they were all weird, but ended up bringing car home and going out drinking with them. They are not all weird;):p lol
    They are all sound, well those I have met.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Sun 26th Sept
    Fantastic. Saturday night it is then! Will look forward to this.

I've another night out tomorrow with work crowd. Back to drinking again :( - It did last 6 weeks though. I'm proud ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Sun 26th Sept
    cya all there on saturday so:) Cant wait as i was gone for a while..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Sun 26th Sept
    Crane Lane it is! I have no idea where that is if someone could give vague directions :)

Il be bringing some friends along too as they're coming down from Dub to visit me, I hope thats okay!They're Boardies too,lovely and always up for meeting new people!

• Advertisement

Thu 30th Sept
    panda100 wrote: »
    Crane Lane it is! I have no idea where that is if someone could give vague directions :)

Il be bringing some friends along too as they're coming down from Dub to visit me, I hope thats okay!They're Boardies too,lovely and always up for meeting new people!

The more the merrier! I wonder if I know them...

The Crane Lane is just around the corner from the GPO which is on Oliver Plunkett St and down a little lane way (a safe one don't worry) sure if you get lost just text me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Sat 25th Sept
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    Sure I was the same, my first meet up was bowling. I drove so I could get away if they were all weird, but ended up bringing car home and going out drinking with them. They are not all weird;):p lol
    They are all sound, well those I have met.:D

haha I remember that nite well.. for a number of reasons:D:p we all thought you did a runner after bowling:pac:
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Fantastic. Saturday night it is then! Will look forward to this.

I've another night out tomorrow with work crowd. Back to drinking again :( - It did last 6 weeks though. I'm proud ha.

:P

Sun 26th Sept
    corkcomp wrote: »
    haha I remember that nite well.. for a number of reasons:D:p we all thought you did a runner after bowling:pac:

:P

Really I never knew that, ha ha:D Aw I loved you guys!!!;)

Thu 30th Sept
    Aw I loved you guys!!!;)

'Loved' not 'love' ?? :(

Sun 26th Sept
    kingtut wrote: »
    'Loved' not 'love' ?? :(
    ;):p
    Well at this stage you are like a stranger to me, havent seen you in forever!!

• Advertisement

Thu 30th Sept
    ;):p
    Well at this stage you are like a stranger to me, havent seen you in forever!!

After Saturday night you will regret saying that :D I'm going to be joined to you by the hip :P

Sun 26th Sept
    Well if thats the case you might just give me your hip, mine is sore:(;)

Sat 25th Sept
    I wouldnt mind a pint now with all this talk about beers:o:P driving to Dub at 5.30 though:( one wouldnt hurt would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Sun 26th Sept
    door 51 is a must on sat night

where's mudoken these days?

Sat 25th Sept
    stevexo wrote: »
    door 51 is a must on sat night

where's mudoken these days?

ah yeah we'll squeeze it in alright.. while passing between pubs:P

he deflected to FB with everyone else:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Sun 26th Sept
    corkcomp wrote: »
    ah yeah we'll squeeze it in alright.. while passing between pubs:P

he deflected to FB with everyone else:pac:
    i dont see him on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

I want to go but on a different date (in which case please post the date!)
    so how many other newbies are going?

Thu 30th Sept
    ryano77 wrote: »

Based on the poll: You, Faith, JohnMearshheimer, Megglz, Outkast_IRE, panda100 and rebelle. One of these people has been to at least 1 dublin meetup.

I'll post tomorrow looking for people to confirm they can still make it (you always find at meetups that 1/2 people who said they can go have to cancel and that 1/2 people who said they couldn't go end up being free and go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

I want to go but on a different date (in which case please post the date!)
    ryano77 wrote: »

I might come to this on Sat night too. A newbie on this forum but have been to a few of the Galway City meetups and Ladies lounge meetups in Dublin. One of my friends is having their b'day on Sat night so I might call into that as well as Crane Lane. Will see how the night goes anyway!

Thu 30th Sept
    Looks like tomorrow night is going to be a great night going by the list of people below!!

Blitzkrieger
    Cadyboo
    Faith Short Waste
    deRanged
    Faith
    JohnMearsheimer
    jujibee
    kart
    kingtut
    Megglz
    Outkast_IRE
    panda100
    rebelle
    ryano77
    stevexo
    Webmonkey
    Ainu
    imageworks
    corkcomp

Maybe - colblimp, Papa_Lazarou

Only 1 more sleep!! Then it is beer o'clock :D

I'll probably have my camera with me and I do use it!!
    Any photos taken are only put on our private facebook group (but only with the person's permission) and not on boards. The facebook group is only for people who have attended at least 1 meetup so if any of you want to join send me a pm and I'll give you the link after I see your face at a meetup :).

• Advertisement

Sat 25th Sept
    Looking like good potential turnout! Might c some of ye later too :D nice day for driving :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 That Dave Fella

Hey guys!

Bit of a lurker, I signed up here to try and meet new people but completely forgot about this account.

It'd be great to meet some new faces around Cork as I'm still a bit lost even after being here for 2 years :P

I'm going to a friends leaving do Saturday but it'd be cool to meet up for some future events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MitziAils

Hello there - I am a "newbie" too.
    I would like to meet up with you all tomorrow night

Sun 26th Sept
    Lads I will have my camera too, and no one is safe;):D Ususal boarsdies who are alreadey on my fb page may be put up again, that ok, my sweets!!

God gonna be loads of new peeps tomoro, pm someone for their number and one of us will meet ye. The more the merrier. Cant wait, AND STEVE IS COMING, WOO HOO!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Thu 30th Sept
    I thought I'd be able to make this for definite but now I'm not 100% sure. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stillwater123

Sat 25th Sept
    Hopefully I will be there tomorrow night too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Sun 26th Sept
    So, how will new people recognise others boardies....is there a secret handshake I should watch out for?

Thu 30th Sept
    Hey guys!

Bit of a lurker, I signed up here to try and meet new people but completely forgot about this account.

It'd be great to meet some new faces around Cork as I'm still a bit lost even after being here for 2 years :P

I'm going to a friends leaving do Saturday but it'd be cool to meet up for some future events.

Cool! We have plenty of meetups so there will be another one soon don't worry!
    MitziAils wrote: »
    Hello there - I am a "newbie" too.
    I would like to meet up with you all tomorrow night

You are more than welcome! If you want my number send me a private message and then you can text and I'll meet you at the door.
    Megglz wrote: »
    I thought I'd be able to make this for definite but now I'm not 100% sure. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you can!! :)
    Hopefully I will be there tomorrow night too.

Yay!
    So, how will new people recognise others boardies....is there a secret handshake I should watch out for?

People usually send me a private message asking for my number. Then they text me when they arrive and I meet them at the door. I would not recommend anyone turns up without a contact number unless you know the secret handshake :P

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Sun 26th Sept
    Hi lads,

Is is too late to stick my name down for tomorrow night?

What do I need to do to join up?

Malcolm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thu 30th Sept
    I'm not sure I can make this now, sorry! :(

Advertisement