Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times article on Annie Brophy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

interesting article, i'd say the documentary would be good as well.
    it might sound a bit cliched but she was ahead of her time.
    in my parents house there are a couple of photos taken by her around 40 or 50 odd years ago and people still comment on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

They held a gallery in town recently of her work which attracted decent numbers. My grandparents house had a family portrait which was sadly lost to us a number of years back. After reading that article it seems she left 65000 negatives to the Waterford City Archive. I wonder would it be possible to get a copy made if the negative is included. Would make for a great present, has anyone ever used the archive in this manner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

They were discussing her on Moncrieff this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I heard that interview, thought it was pretty interesting too. Also, I never knew montessori schools started in our fine county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

witless1 wrote: »
    They held a gallery in town recently of her work which attracted decent numbers. My grandparents house had a family portrait which was sadly lost to us a number of years back. After reading that article it seems she left 65000 negatives to the Waterford City Archive. I wonder would it be possible to get a copy made if the negative is included. Would make for a great present, has anyone ever used the archive in this manner?
    if the have the negative then yes you can get a copy think it costs about €25

• Advertisement
Advertisement